Author Topic: 5900x OC issues, System Shutting off while not overheating please help  (Read 9974 times)

SheltonCoolio

These issue have persisted BEFORE attempting to overclock with completely other builds but to keep things simple this is my current setup : 5900x, 6900xt, asus tuf gaming x570 (wifi) on latest firmware and 32gb of ram. CPU being cooled with a Kraken Z73.***SPAM_LINKS_REMOVED***

So, to begin… As all of you know, the ryzen zen 3 processors get very hot. My 5900x on default bios settings shoots up to 90+ degrees just while starting up windows and running the startup ups for a few seconds to a minute. I understand this is somewhat “normal”. To mitigate this I began overclocking and undervolting my CPU. I have tried with PBO2 and setting custom curves with starting values of 5 all the way up to 30 and no luck. Same thing. Maybe w 5 degree difference. Then I manually undervolted the cpu by .2-.26v from the original starting value of 1.416ish that it likes to sit at. I did the same thing using offset. Manual values and even trying auto. Nothing. PC STILL CRASHES WHEN under load aka playing a game. I have a Gskill 850W PSU, could this be the issue? It doesn’t seem to overheat but I cannot check this as it does not have built in sensors.

Can anyone shed some light on why my pc suddenly crashes as soon as I try to open a game up?

Thank you for any help!

Edit 1: wanted to add that my temperatures drastically drop when I change to negative offset at around .25v but system still shuts off when I load up a game. This tells me it’s definitely not an overheating issue. I have also confirmed this by setting all bios settings to default as stated above and it still crashes.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:58:49 PM by JeGX »

Stefan

• Global Moderator
I am not familiar with Ryzen OC, but i stumbled upon following tool the other day:
https://wccftech.com/1usmus-unveils-project-hydra-a-brand-new-overclocking-tuning-utility-for-amd-zen-3-zen-3-ryzen-cpus/