Author Topic: GeeXLab SDK ?  (Read 6460 times)

Alex

• View Profile
GeeXLab SDK ?
« on: November 27, 2016, 01:26:11 AM »
Hi JeGX,

Can I buy professional version of GeeXLab ?

Long ago there was SDK version allowing one to create and package windows application. I very much liked that feature.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex

• View Profile
Re: GeeXLab SDK ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:03:19 AM »
I just now realized how this version of GeeXLab is different from last one i used :o Too low-level for me, seams like i can't create simple scene no more. Sad day for me.

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Geeks3D.com
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »

Can I buy professional version of GeeXLab ?

Currently not yet, I'm working on it. The PRO version of GeeXLab is already there, but I don't have yet defined the price / licensing model (I love flat licensing)...

Long ago there was SDK version allowing one to create and package windows application. I very much liked that feature.

There is also a SDK which allows to embed GeeXLab engine in your Windows / Linux application.  This SDK is really simple to use. But same problem than with GeeXLab PRO: price / licensing...

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Geeks3D.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
I just now realized how this version of GeeXLab is different from last one i used :o Too low-level for me, seams like i can't create simple scene no more. Sad day for me.

Here is a simple rendering code in a FRAME script:

Code: [Select]
gh_camera.bind(perspective_camera)
gh_gpu_program.bind(phong_prog)
gh_object.set_position(torus, x, y, z)
gh_object.set_euler_angles(torus, pitch, yaw, roll)
gh_object.render(torus)

This code is simple and at the same time offers a better control on the rendering than in previous GeeXLab. What is a simple scene for you? Maybe a simple Lua framework over GeeXLab Lua API can help you... Let me know what do you need.

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 02:26:03 PM »
Hi JeGX,

Thanks for the encouraging answer.

Previous GeeXLab workflow was just perfect.

Maybe a simple Lua framework over GeeXLab Lua API can help you

Yes this would be awesome ! Now i feel like i need to know every detail in the industry to get me started. How can i get to the point where all works by default and i just change specifics of my visualization ? For example being able to not worry about render-loop code from the start, all added objects are visible and rendered in proper sequence, planes with alpha textures can be translucent, etc...

Before all i needed to do is specify plane with texture in XML or create in Lua and run it with GeeXLab player.

Thanks,
Alex