Author Topic: GPU Caps Viewer 1.43.0.0 Vulkan demo becomes black during resize (triangle v2)  (Read 1222 times)

Pawel

• Zombie
Hi,

after launching Gpu Caps Viewer with Vulkan RGB triangle v2 demo, application window becomes black during resize.

This occurs for Gpu Caps viewer version 1.42.6.0 and 1.43.0.0

Validation Layers (specifically: LunarG: Core Validation) have shown e.g.:

UNASSIGNED-CoreValidation-DrawState-InvalidCommandBuffer-VkImageView(ERROR / SPEC): msgNum: 0 - You are adding vkQueueSubmit() to VkCommandBuffer 0x75ebed0[] that is invalid because bound VkImageView 0x76f2a40[] was destroyed.
Objects: 1
  • 0x75ebed0, type: 6, name: NULL

VUID-VkPresentInfoKHR-pImageIndices-01296(ERROR / SPEC): msgNum: 0 - Images passed to present must be in layout VK_IMAGE_LAYOUT_PRESENT_SRC_KHR or VK_IMAGE_LAYOUT_SHARED_PRESENT_KHR but is in VK_IMAGE_LAYOUT_COLOR_ATTACHMENT_OPTIMAL. The Vulkan spec states: Each element of pImageIndices must be the index of a presentable image acquired from the swapchain specified by the corresponding element of the pSwapchains array, and the presented image subresource must be in the VK_IMAGE_LAYOUT_PRESENT_SRC_KHR layout at the time the operation is executed on a VkDevice (https://www.khronos.org/registry/vulkan/specs/1.1-extensions/html/vkspec.html#VUID-VkPresentInfoKHR-pImageIndices-01296)
Objects: 1
  • 0x6d2fda0, type: 4, name: NULL
Issue was observed on:
 1. Intel ICL platform (driver version: 26.20.100.7372)
 2. nVidia Quadro K600 (driver version 26.21.14.3639).

To reproduce:
1. Run GPU Caps Viewer 1.42.6.0 or 1.43.0.0,
2. Open "Vulkan - RGB Triangle v2" demo from the "3D Demos" tab,
3. Drag window corner to resize it (do it for a for a few seconds).

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • Geeks3D.com
Thanks for the feedback. I will check that issue as soon as possible.
What is the version of the Vulkan SDK ?

Pawel

• Zombie
Hi,

Version of the vulkan SDK is 1.1.121.2

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • Geeks3D.com
Indeed I reproduced the bug with a GeForce GPU and an Intel HD 630 GPU. I was sure I tested my Vulkan code last time without error with Vulkan SDK 1.1.126 and now, the swapchain resize code is full of warning and errors...

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • Geeks3D.com
I fixed the window resize bug in Vulkan. The fix will be available in the next GeeXLab 0.29.6+ and in GPU Caps Viewer 1.43.1+.