NVIDIA has released a new WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) gaming driver for Windows 10 and Windows 11. The GeForce 517.48 driver brings the following changes:
Game Ready for Overwatch 2
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Overwatch 2. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including the addition of NVIDIA DLSS technology to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
– Advanced Optimus] Brightness setting is not getting applied correctly on certain Lenovo notebooks in dedicated GPU mode
– [Windows 10][Advanced Optimus]: On certain notebook configurations, “NVIDIA GPU only” option does not persist on system reboot
– [Adobe Illustrator] Using Reduce Noise with Ray Tracing appears pixelated
– [Windows 11] Chaos Vantage fails to start when NVLink is enabled
– [Adobe Photoshop] Resolves random crashes in DirectML.dll
– [Fusion 360] Addresses performance issues when using variable refresh rate monitors
– On rare occasions, video playback in browser may result in bugcheck code: 0x116
– [Jurassic World Evolution 2] Game may display shadow flickering
– Native resolution is not available on the Samsung U28R55/ ASUS VG249Q1A monitors
– [Windows 11] Some UWP apps may display lag when G-SYNC is set to “Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full screen mode” and “Vertical sync” is changed from the default value
– Resolves incorrect wording for NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Shader Cache Size in German language
– External displays connected to certain Razer notebooks via USB-C/Thunderbolt docks/dongles are not detected
– [Reallusion Hub] App will crash when launched on PC using a CPU with 32+ logical processors
- latest version for win10/win11 64-bit (desktop+notebook) @ Geeks3D
- 517.48 win10/win11 64-bit @ NVIDIA
GeForce 517.48 exposes OpenGL 4.6 and 433 extensions for a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti on Windows 10 (v21H1). This is the same support than previous R465 family (see HERE).
- GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation - GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 - GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 517.48 - GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 NVIDIA - OpenGL Extensions: 433 extensions (GL=401 and WGL=32)
This driver exposes Vulkan 1.3.205 and 159 device extensions for a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti on Windows 10. Same support as previous driver v516.xx.
Vulkan devices - # of devices: 1 - [ device 0 ] - name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - deviceID: 10DE-2486 (4318-9350) - API version (raw): 4206797 - API version: 1.3.205 - NVIDIA driver: 5126.96.36.199 - # of extensions: 159