Intel has unveiled the new 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors (code-named Rocket Lake-S) that
deliver increased performance and speeds (+19% IPC –instructions per cycle). The graphics processing unit has been improved as well with the new Intel Xe graphics architecture (Intel UHD Graphics 750).
11th Gen Intel Core: Unmatched Overclocking, Game Performance
The 11th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series desktop processors (code-named “Rocket Lake-S”) launched worldwide today, led by the flagship Intel® Core™ i9-11900K. Reaching speeds of up to 5.3GHz with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost1, the Intel Core i9-11900K delivers even more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts.
Engineered on the new Cypress Cove architecture, 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors are designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase raw gaming performance. The new architecture brings up to 19% gen-over-gen instructions per cycle (IPC) improvement2 for the highest frequency cores and adds Intel® UHD graphics featuring the Intel® Xe graphics architecture for rich media and intelligent graphics capabilities. That matters because games and most applications continue to depend on high-frequency cores to drive high frame rates and low latency.
Designed to Game: With its new 11th Gen desktop processors, Intel continues to push desktop gaming performance to the limits and deliver the most amazing immersive experiences for players everywhere.
At the top of the stack is the 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K, featuring unmatched performance with up to 5.3 gigahertz, eight cores, 16 threads and 16 megabytes of Intel® Smart Cache. The unlocked 11th Gen Intel Core desktop processor supports fast memory speeds with DDR4-3200 to help enable smooth gameplay and seamless multitasking on this platform.
Improvements in this generation include:
– Up to 19% gen-over-gen IPC performance improvement.
– Up to 50% better integrated graphics performance with Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe graphics architecture.
– Intel Deep Learning Boost and Vector Neural Network Instructions support to accelerate artificial intelligence (AI) inference — vastly improving performance for deep learning workloads.
– Enhanced overclocking tools and features for flexible overclocking and tuning performance and experience.
Through close collaboration with more than 200 of the top game developers, Intel brings a host of game, engine, middleware and rendering optimizations to applications so they can take advantage of 11th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series processors to deliver exciting gaming experiences.
Superior Tuning and Stability: 11th Gen Intel Core desktop processors introduce new overclocking tools and features for more flexible tuning to achieve unmatched speeds and superior game performance. This generation includes real-time memory overclocking which enables changes to DDR4 frequency in real time, extending memory overclocking support for H570 and B560 chipsets allowing users to experience overclocking, Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) 2 and AVX-512 voltage guard band override, and an all new integrated memory controller with wider timings and Gear 2 support (in addition to Gear 1 support).
Media and Streaming Features for Days: The new 11th Gen Intel Core S-series delivers rich media experiences, from AAA gaming to high-definition streaming with additional features including DDR4-3200 MHz support, 20 PCIe 4.0 lanes, Intel Quick Sync Video, enhanced media (10bit AV1/12bit high-efficiency video coding decode and end-to-end compression), enhanced display (Integrated HDMI 2.0, HBR3), and discrete Thunderbolt™ 4 and Intel Wi-Fi 6E support.
- 11th Gen Intel Core Desktop
- 11th Gen Intel Core: Unmatched Overclocking, Game Performance
- Introducing the New 11th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors
Reviews and Articles
According to first reviews, Intel’s 11th Gen processors (the i7-11700K in the reviews) have more or less the same performance than previous 10th gen. But Rocket Lake CPUs seem to require a lot of power (Intel’s 11th Gen is built with 14nm lithography).
- Intel Rocket Lake (14nm) Review: Core i9-11900K, Core i7-11700K, and Core i5-11600K @ anandtech.com
- Intel Core i9-11900K Review – World’s Fastest Gaming Processor? @ techpowerup.com
- Review: Intel Core i9-11900K @ hexus.net
- Intel Core i7-11700K Review: Blasting Off with Rocket Lake @ anandtech.com
- Rocket Lake Redux: 0x34 Microcode Offers Small Performance Gains on Core i7-11700K @ anandtech.com
- Leo Says 57 – Anandtech’s early review of Intel Core i7-11700K @ kitguru.net