NVIDIA has released a new graphics driver for all GeForce graphics cards. The GeForce 441.87 brings the following new features:
Game Ready for Wolfenstein: Youngblood with Ray Tracing
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for the release of ray tracing and DLSS in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. In addition, this driver provides optimal support for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Bright Memory: Infinite, and the latest version of Quake II RTX.
Maximum Frame Rate
This driver introduces a new Max Frame Rate setting that allows users to cap the frame rate at which a 3D game or application is rendered. This feature is helpful when trying to save power, reduce system latency or paired with your NVIDIA G-SYNC display to stay within variable refresh rate range. Access the feature from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Max Frame Rate.
Variable Rate Super Sampling
Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games. It uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a key feature in NVIDIA’s Turing architecture, to dynamically apply up to 8x supersampling to the center of the VR headset display, where the eye is typically focused. It intelligently applies supersampling only when GPU headroom is available in order to maintain the VR headset’s fixed FPS and ensure a smooth VR experience. Enable the feature for over 20 supported VR games from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Variable Rate Super Sampling.
Image Sharpening Improvements
Based on feedback from gamers, we’ve been enhancing the recently released Image Sharpening feature. With this latest version, you can now toggle GPU scaling independent of whether image sharpening is enabled or disabled. Access the feature from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Image Sharpening.
Freestyle Splitscreen Filter
Freestyle has added a new splitscreen filter that allows gamers to apply filters to only a portion of the game screen. With the filter, you can split the screen, showcase a side-by-side comparison, or even blend filters using the gradient function. With GeForce Experience installed, press the Alt+F3 hotkey to open the Freestyle overlay from within your game and access the new filter from the ‘Filters’ menu.
33 New Optimal Game Settings
NVIDIA has recently added Optimal Game Settings for 33 additional games, giving you one click setting recommendations for the latest releases. Optimal settings can be applied from GeForce Experience->Games tab.
Support For Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
Our newest Game Ready Driver driver is adding support for an additional 8 G-SYNC Compatible displays, and we’ve announced future support for a further 17, including new LG OLED 2020 BFGD TVs. These gaming monitors and TVs deliver a baseline Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) experience that makes your gaming smoother, clearer, and more enjoyable.
– [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Improved image sharpening for Red Redemption 2 in Vulkan mode. 
– [Strange Brigade – Vulkan][SLI][G-SYNC]: G-SYNC is not working properly when the Vulkan version of the game is played in SLI mode. 
More gaming related information about this new driver can be found HERE.
GeForce 441.87 Downloads
- win10 64-bit (desktop+notebook) @ Geeks3D
- win7/8 64-bit (desktop) @ Geeks3D
- win10 64-bit @ NVIDIA
- win7/8 64-bit @ NVIDIA
NVIDIA has added a license agreement when you launch the control panel the first time:
GeForce 441.87 exposes OpenGL 4.6 and 429 extensions for a GeForce RTX 2080 on Windows 10 (v1909). It’s the same OpenGL support than in 440.97.
- GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation - GL_RENDERER: GeForce RTX 2080/PCIe/SSE2 - GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 441.87 - GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 NVIDIA - OpenGL Extensions: 429 extensions (GL=397 and WGL=32)
Quick Vulkan report (from upcoming GPU Shark 2…)
- Device 1 - name: GeForce RTX 2080 - device type: VK_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU - device ID: 10DE-1E87 - API version: 1.1.119 - NVIDIA driver version: 4188.8.131.52 - VK_KHR_driver_properties information: - driverName: NVIDIA - driverID_str: VK_DRIVER_ID_NVIDIA_PROPRIETARY_KHR - driverID: 4 - conformanceVersion: 184.108.40.206 - driverInfo: 441.87 - # of extensions => 106