Intel has released a new graphics driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8 that brings OpenGL 4.3 support. You can download this driver from THIS PAGE. More information can be found HERE.
v3652 is an OpenGL 4.3 driver (GL_VERSION = 4.3.0 – Build 10.18.10.3652)exposed 203 OpenGL extensions (GL=184 and WGL=19) for a HD Graphics 4600 GPU under Windows 8 64-bit. Compared to last v3621, 12 extensions have been added:
- GL_ARB_texture_view (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_texture_query_levels (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_copy_image (OpenGL 4.3)
- GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 (OpenGL 4.4)
- GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location (OpenGL 4.3)
Intel has started the road to OpenGL 4.4 with GL_ARB_texture_stencil8. Good.
The complete list of all OpenGL extensions can be found in THIS ENTRY of the GPU database.
I tested a demo of GLSL Hacker demopack that mixes several OpenGL 4.3 features: compute shaders and shader storage buffers. This demo can be found in the host_api/gl-430-arb-compute-shader_Particles_SSBO/ folder of the demopack.
It works fine with the HD 4600 GPU:
OpenGL 4.3 Compute shaders + SSBO test