The number of news available now is clearly the sign that AMD’s Radeon HD 7970 will be launched in few days…
– Launch day: December 22 2011 (last known date was January 9 2012). Only reference boards will be available on December 22. Other cards will be available from January 9.
– AMD Radeon HD 7970 ZeroCore Power Technology: 3W in idle state.
– Graphics Core Next (GCN arch.), Eyefinity 2.0 and AMD APP
– Tahiti GPU Architecture details:
– 2048 SP spread on 32 computes units based on GCN architecture
– 8 render back ends: 32 color ROPs, 128 Z/Stencil
– L2 cache: 768KiB, CU L1: 16KiB L1
– Memory: 384-bit GDDR5 bandwidth:264GiB/s
8 thoughts on “Radeon HD 7970: ZeroCore Power Technology and Latest News”
Is there any official information is the 7970 version will support Direc3D 11.1 ?
I read that HD 7970 is D3D11.1 capable but I didn’t see any official info.
Lets wait until thursday to see if some more info arises.
About the Zero Power tech I still wonder if they’re able to keep that power consumption under a two monitor set.
Setups like this are not that uncommon nowadays…
What is difference between DX11 and DX11.1?
These are the differences:
the most important thing is.. benchmarks!
Yawn on DX11.1 from what I see. Also GL4.2 from what I see supports most of this already….
Comments are closed.