Some months after ApiTrace 1.0, ApiTrace 2.0 is out. ApiTrace is a set of tool to trace OpenGL (up to the latest 4.2 version) and Direct3D APIs calls, retrace OpenGL calls from a file, inspect OpenGL state at any call while retracing, and visualize and edit trace files. ApiTrace is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
The use of ApiTrace is quite simple. There is a wrapper for each API (opengl32.dll, d3d9.dll, etc.). Just place the right right wrapper in the folder of your application. Run your app and after use tracedump to view the trace file.
ApiTrace 2.0 release highlights:
- About 10x faster tracing and 2x faster retracing
- Mac OS X support
- OpenGL 4.2 support
- Support for multi-gigabyte traces in the GUI
- Ability to display all of the uniforms
- Showing number of calls per frame, marking large frames and ability to indent shaders
- Support for GL_GREMEDY_string_marker and GL_GREMEDY_frame_terminator extensions
- Incredible amount of bug fixes…
More information and download: ApiTrace @ GitHub.