GPU Caps Viewer + Cat 10.10 + OpenCL 1.1 + Radeon HD 5870
After the launch of Radeon HD 6800 series today, AMD has just published the October 2010 edition of Catalyst graphics drivers.
You can download Catalyst 10.10 WHQL HERE.
Warning: at the time of writing, the download page of the Win7 64-bit version does not work for Chrome and FireFox. This page works only with IE… 😀
And this WHQL driver is not alone: AMD has also / already published a hotfix: Catalyst 10.10a 😀 and here are the features of this hotfix:
- Performance optimizations for systems with an AMD Radeon HD 6870 and AMD Radeon HD 6850 series of graphics products installed
- Support for the new Morphological Anti-Aliasing feature
- Aliens versus Predator performance enhancements
- Star Craft 2 performance enhancements
- OpenGL performance enhancements – gains can be seen in Prey, Quake Wars: Enemy Territories, and Heaven v2.1
Back to the Catalyst 10.10 WHQL.
The new Cat 10.10 WHQL brings the support of new Radeon HD 6870 and HD 6850. And cool feature for OpenCL addicts, there is a new download called AMD Catalyst Accelerated Parallel Processing or APP.
What is Catalyst APP? Simply the regular Catalyst driver + the OpenCL driver! Cool…
Catalyst Accelerated Parallel Processing
Catalyst 10.10 does not expose new OpenGL extension at least for the Radeon HD 5870. Maybe it’s another story for HD 6800, I don’t know yet… Anyway, see HERE for the list of the 204 OpenGL extensions exposed.
Here are some details from GPU Caps Viewer report:
– Drivers Version: 8.782.0.0 – Catalyst 10.10 (9-28-2010) – atig6pxx.dll
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.782-100930m-106233C-ATI
– OpenGL Version: 4.0.10243 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 4.00
– OpenGL Extensions: 204 extensions (GL=185 and WGL=19)
– CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.1 ATI-Stream-v2.2 (302)
– OpenCL extensions for the Cypress compute device:
4 thoughts on “ATI Catalyst 10.10 WHQL + OpenCL 1.1 (APP) + Hotfix (10.10a) Available”
MLAA support enabled + surface format optimization for HD5XXX series !! thnk´s to german website tutorial. seei it guys please.
Why ATI makes the user to choose between the APP and non-APP versions? OpenCL should not be optional …
Pingback: New Catalyst 10.10c Hotfix Available - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Because Opencl is app specific and is not needed for everything that is why there is an option.
Besides DX11 is the future doesn’t really matter if opencl exists or not its just there to appease a market that is anti MS.
Comments are closed.