NVIDIA has just published (that why the version is 0814…) a new version of the PhysX System Software that allows you to use PhysX applications.
You can grab PhysX 9.09.0814 runtimes HERE.
The release notes mention the PhysX SDK 2.8.3 of but it’s not currently available on PhysX SDK download page. Anyway, that’s cool to know that a new version is about to be released.
But the runtimes for PhysX 2.8.3 are missingof this distribution. Too fast packaging NV driver team?
- Optimized for best performance in the PhysX title: Terminator Salvation.
- Optimized for best performance in the PhysX title: Batman Arkham Asylum.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series, 100-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory and 32 processor cores (stream processors).
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in many games and demos, some of which are highlighted in PowerPack downloads on www.geforce.com.
- Runtime upgrade ONLY for AGEIA PhysX processors users. (New AGEIA PhysX processors installations should install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 – prior to installing this update). Note – AGEIA PPU acceleration support for 2.8.1 SDK or earlier, and Windows Vista and Windows XP only.
- Includes runtimes for the PhysX SDK 2.8.3
- Includes the latest PhysX runtime builds to support all released PhysX content.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.5, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and 2.8.3 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
- Supports control of your GPU PhysX configuration from the NVIDIA display driver control panel. (requires graphics driver v180.00 or later)
If you have a GeForce 8/9/GT200 you can enjoy the hardware acceleration of PhysX. But PhysX runs also in software mode with all other cards (GeForce 5/6/7, Radeon, S3 Graphics, Intel, …).
PhysX version in GPU Caps Viewer