NVIDIA announced the Quadro Digital Video Pipeline, the industry’s first integrated GPU-based platform for broadcasters to acquire, process and deliver virtual effects to video.
NVIDIA Quadro Digital Video Pipeline includes four components:
- 1 – the Quadro SDI Capture Card:
This card enables uncompressed video to be streamed directly to Quadro SDI-enabled GPU memory, with the ability to capture up to four HD-SDI Single link sources simultaneously.
- 2 – the Quadro SDI Output card:
This card allows 2D and 3D effects to be composited in real-time with 2K, HD and SD video.
- 3 – the Quadro FX 3800/4800/5800 graphics card:
This card allows to apply effects or video processing using the CUDA parallel computing architecture, and then send the final result to the Quadro SDI Output card.
- 4 – the Quadro SDI SDK: this SDK allows to control the entire Quadro Digital Video pipeline – acquisition, processing and delivery.
- NVIDIA Quadro: Choose Your Graphics Card From $150 to $3500!
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 Shows Off 4GB of Graphics Memory and is Not For Gamers!
NVIDIA Quadro Digital Video Pipeline will ship August 2009. The estimated street prices range from $5,000 to $8,000 USD.