This list gathers rendering, physics and game engines:
- Delta3D: game engine
- NeoEngine: game engine
- Irrlicht: 3D rendering engine
- OGRE: 3D rendering engine
- Speex: patent-free audio compression format designed for speech
- Bullet: physics engine
- Power Render: 3D rendering engine
- Crystal Space: 3D rendering engine
- Genesis3D: 3D rendering engine
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package. K-3D uses OpenGL for graphics hardware acceleration.
Blender 2.47 has been released and is essentially a bugfix release. Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems.
You can download Blender here: Get Blender 2.47
Nexuiz is a free open-source first person shooter that runs on Windows, Linux and OSX.
Nexuiz’s homepage: www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/.