Sponza model in GeeXLab
The Open Asset Import library, or ASSIMP in short, is a C++ library which loads game-relevant 3D scene data from various file formats and returns it in a common in-memory structure. The library also offers several post processing steps commonly used in realtime 3D rendering which can be applied to the imported data. Assimp supports the following file formats: .3ds, .ase, .obj, .ms3d, .ply, .dxf, .nff, .lwo, .smd, .vta, .mdl, .md2, .md3, .md5, .mdc, .mdr, .x, .mdl, .hmp.
Assimp’s homepage: assimp.sourceforge.net
GLC_Player is an open source software used to view 3d models (OBJ, 3DS) and to navigate easily in these models.
GLC_Player 1.5.0 : an Open Source software used to view 3d models (OBJ Format) and to navigate easily in these models.
New Features :
* Add Mac OS X 10.5 version.
* Better .obj and .mtl file support.
* Transparency Support.
* If a obj file contains several objects, a mesh is create for each object.
* Possibility to save opened models in an Album.
* 2 sided lighting support.
* Display and edit camera properties.
* Display selected mesh properties.
* Add the possibility to hide an object.
* Reframe on selection with double click.
* Adapt moving motion speed according to current fps.
* Possibility to modify scene lighting.