Demo released at Intel Demo Competition 2008. Ranked: 3rd. Nazca is a Direct3D 9 demo and needs a pixel shader 3.0 graphics card. The sound system uses Fmod.
Need a very fast image viewer? Just try FastPictureViewer. FastPictureViewer helps you work faster by taking advantage, when available, of the power of multicore processors and the speed of DirectX (Direct3D) graphic accelerators, all working in concert to speed up viewing experience to unprecedented levels.
Aaahh at last, a new version of Fraps is available. Fraps is a Windows application that makes it possible to benchmark and screen-capture (image or video) Direct3D or OpenGL applications.
You can download Fraps here: Fraps 2.9.5
Fraps 2.9.5 Changelog:
- Added Stereo & Multichannel recording options for Direct Stream audio in Vista
- Added support for many DDRAW games running in windowed mode
- Added support for games that use multiple swapchains in D3D9
- Added large size icon for Vista
- Fixed slow video capture speeds recording many older DDRAW games
- Fixed capture crash for DDRAW games in XP SP3
- Fixed misaligned audio with Vista Direct Stream when sound was silent
- Fixed 64-bit OpenGL apps not being detected
- Fixed long delay starting video capture on some Vista configurations
- Fixed crash in Fraps if video capture key pressed quickly in succession
- Fixed Fraps exit dialog appearing at random intervals
- Fixed “This program might not have installed correctly” error in Vista
- Fixed corrupted volume slider in Vista when Fraps loaded
- Fixed scrambled colors when recording in 8-bit and 16-bit from some older games
- Fixed crash loading levels in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
QAS (Quadratic Approximation Subdivision) Direct3D Demo
» Read more
This demo has been released at NVScene 2008. This is a Direct3D 9 demo.
For high-resolution screenshots, I created a topic here: [DEMO] Stargazer by Orb and Andromeda @ oZone3D.Net Forums.
Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion demo
» Read more
Humus has released a new Direct3D demo. Interior mapping is a technique that renders the interior of buildings without requiring additional geometry. Everything is done in the pixel shader. The advantage is that when you’re rendering large cities you can draw all those buildings as simple boxes. This demo requires DirectX 10.1 and Windows Vista SP1.
Source Code and binaries: Interior Mapping Demo
Update – 2008.08.17
Demo has been updated with around 80% of performance boost.
FX Composer 2.5, the latest version of NVIDIA’s powerful shader development environment, has been released.
FX Composer supports DirectX, OpenGL, HLSL, Collada FX, and CgFX, as well as the .fbx, .x, .3ds, .obj, and .dae file formats for importing geometry.
Version 2.5 adds:
* DirectX 10 support, including geometry shaders and stream out
* Particle Systems
* Visual Styles
* Major User Interface Improvements
* Remote Control over TCP/IP
* Support for the NVIDIA Shader Debugger
* New Sample Projects
You can download FXC HERE – exe (221Mb).
NVIDIA PerfHUD is a powerful real-time performance analysis tool for Direct3D applications, and it is widely used by the world’s best game developers.
More info at NVIDIA PerfHUD homepage
PerfKit 6.0 New Feature Highlights:
* No longer requires an instrumented driver on Vista!
* Supports GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs
* SLI Support
* Texture Visualization and Overrides
* API Call List
* Dependency View
* New CPU/GPU Timing graph