TweakTown checks out performance under XP and Vista of the latest Catalyst graphics drvers for Radeon based graphics cards.
Read the analysis HERE.
While the new drivers don’t offer massive performance gains or anything like that, there are a number of nice little bumps on offer here today. With the fixes implemented in the driver, they’re a good upgrade for most users.
Here is the list of OpenGL extensions supported by Catalyst 8.7 drivers for the Radeon HD 3870 under Windows Vista SP1 64-bit.
Catalyst 8.7 bring 3 new extensions:
Graphics card used: Radeon HD 3870
– Operating System: Windows Vista SP1 64-bit
– Drivers Version: 8.512.0.0 – Catalyst 08.7
– ATI Catalyst Version String: 08.7
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.512-080703a-066914C-ATI
– OpenGL Version: 2.1.7769 Release
– OpenGL Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 3870
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 1.20
OpenGL Extensions: 105 extensions
The extensions exposed by the old Catalyst drivers are HERE.
You can use GPU Caps Viewer to retrieve the list of extensions of your graphics card.
ATI/AMD released a new version of their Catalyst graphics drivers for all Radeon-based graphics cards.
Catalyst 8.7 introduces the following new features:
- Catalyst Control Center: Information Center enhancements: full Hardware information will be shown for each physical graphics accelerator installed in the system.
- This release of ATI Catalyst Linux introduces preview support for the following new operating systems: Ubuntu 8.04 production support and SLED 10 sp2 production support.
– Catalyst 8.7 WinXP 32-bit
– Catalyst 8.7 WinXP 64-bit
– Catalyst 8.7 Vista 32-bit
– Catalyst 8.7 Vista 64-bit
Stay tuned, I’ll update shortly the OpenGL extensions list.