Change log for February 10, 2017 Vulkan 1.0.40 spec update:
* Bump API patch number and header version number to 40 for this update.
* There is a major build change in this release. We are now using the
Ruby-based ``asciidoctor'' implementation, rather than the Python-based
``asciidoc'' implementation, to process the specification. While the
actual specification markup changes were minimal, this requires a new
set of build tools and a very different installation process, especially
because we now use an experimental direct-to-PDF backend for Asciidoctor
instead of Docbook->dblatex->PDF. It is no longer possible to build the
Specification using asciidoc. See doc/specs/vulkan/README.adoc
for some guidance on installing the new toolchain components.
* There are some minor rendering issues in the PDF output due to teething
problems with the asciidoctor toolchain, especially with mathematical
equations. We are aware of these and working on them.
* Updated sample code for the <<sparsememory-examples-basic,sparse
resource binding example>> (public issue 97).
* Modify line and point clipping behavior in the
<<vertexpostproc-clipping, Primitive Clipping>> section to allow for
pop-free behavior. The ability to check for which behavior is
implemented may be added a future feature or extension (public issue
* Unify the discussions of implicit ordering throughout the spec, in
particular in the new sections <<drawing-primitive-order, Primitive
Order>>, <<primrast-order, Rasterization Order>>, and
<<synchronization-implicit, Implicit Synchronization Guarantees>>; the
discussion of <<synchronization-submission-order, submission order>>;
and references elsewhere to these sections (public issue 133).
* Clarify \<\<descriptorsets-compatibility,Pipeline Layout Compatibility>>
language and introduce the term ``identically defined'' (public issue
* Add a dependency to the +VK_EXT_debug_marker+ extension that's needed to
reuse the object type enum from +VK_EXT_debug_report+, and moves the
definition of that enum into +VK_EXT_debug_report+ where it should be
(public issue 409).
* Remove redundant valid usage statement from slink:VkImageBlit (public
* Update GL_KHR_vulkan_glsl to allow the ternary operator to result in a
specialization constant (public issue 424).
* Fix valid usage for flink:VkPipelineShaderStageCreateInfo (public issue
* Correct typo in New Objects list for <<VK_EXT_debug_report>> (public
* Moved to asciidoctor for spec builds (internal issue 121).
* Update style guide to describe where to put new extensions-specific
asciidoc files, and what to name them (internal issue 626).
* Add src/spec/indexExt.py to autogenerate registry index entries linking
into the 1.0-extensions specification, instead of maintaining the index
manually. (internal issue 642).
* Autogenerate extension dependencies and lists of all extensions and all
KHR extensions from the "supported" attributes in +vk.xml+. Execute
+make config/extDependency.sh+ from +doc/specs/vulkan+ when a supported
extension is added to vk.xml, to regenerate the dependency script. The
consequence is that specifying a single extension to the +makeExt+
script will automatically enable all extensions it depends on as well,
and that the +makeAllExts+ and +makeKHR+ scripts do not need to be
updated when a new extension is supported (internal issue 648).
* Put extension appendices all at the same asciidoc section level, so KHR
WSI extensions show up in the HTML index (internal issue 648).
* Imbed images in the generated HTML specs instead of loading them from
the images/ directory.
* Fix missing EXT in extension name
* Add new +VK_EXT_SMPTE_2086_metadata+ extension.
* In the <<platformCreateSurface_xlib,Xlib Surface>> section of the
+VK_KHR_xlib_surface+ specification, add language warning users that
they always need to call code:XinitThreads.
* Use the term "presentable image" (rather than "swapchain image")
consistently in +VK_KHR_swapchain+ and related extensions, and add a
glossary term defining it.
* Relocate the valid usage for samples of
to be below the flink:VkPhysicalDeviceSparseImageFormatInfo2KHR
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:15:12 AM by JeGX »