Author Topic: NVIDIA Aftermath: Debugging Crashes and TDRs on the GPU  (Read 740 times)

Stefan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NVIDIA Aftermath: Debugging Crashes and TDRs on the GPU
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »
Aftermath is a compact, C++ library aimed at Microsoft Windows based developers, enabling post-mortem GPU crash analysis on NVIDIA GeForce based GPUs.
In it’s basic form, it works by allowing programmers to insert markers on the GPU timeline, which can be read post-TDR, in order to determine what work the GPU was processing at the point of failure. Aftermath also includes a facility to query the current device state, much like the using conventional graphics APIs, but reporting a finer grain reason.

Read more...

nuninho1980

• NewsPosters
    • View Profile
Re: NVIDIA Aftermath: Debugging Crashes and TDRs on the GPU
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
I adore EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ because I get still ZERO any issues (freeze/bsod/crash/TDR; render failed (GPGPU);...) since june 20th, 2016. <3 :D

Therefore, I don't need this tool.

But if we get persistently GPU crash (TDR, BSoD, crash, freeze...) due to the most VRAM issue - not GPU core despite GPU stock speeds and videocard without dust then we need to send the abnormal videocard to RMA. Or If we get persistently GPU crash or shutdown PC due to the insufficient PSU or the PSU died then we need to replace new PSU or upgrade to better PSU. ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:26:18 PM by nuninho1980 »

JeGX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Geeks3D.com
Re: NVIDIA Aftermath: Debugging Crashes and TDRs on the GPU
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
Direct link to Aftermath homepage:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-aftermath

Stefan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile