« Last post by Stefan on December 18, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
- Added support for the following GPU(s):
- Quadro M3000 SE
- Fixed a regression that prevented the backlight on some notebook computer displays from turning back on after being shut off.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the console from being restored properly when using SLI.
- Fixed a bug that caused installer manifest entries for some 32-bit compatibility libraries to be duplicated in the installer package. These entries led nvidia-installer to issue warning messages when installing the 32-bit compatibility libraries, for example: 'Cannot create symlink /usr/lib/libEGL.so (File exists)'.
- Fixed a regression that could cause the nvidia-settings control panel to crash on startup with certain GPU configurations.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the GLX_NV_swap_group extension from working when using SLI or Quadro Sync.
- Fixed a long-standing bug that caused the NVIDIA X driver to not correctly detect AC/battery hotplug events on notebooks.
- Fixed an interaction problem between the Linux kernel's CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY feature (new in Linux kernel 4.8) and nvidia-drm.ko with modeset=1 enabled. This problem caused CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY to erroneously halt the system, issuing reports of the form:
usercopy: kernel memory overwrite attempt detected to ffff8803e8ec7ce0 (<process stack>) (8 bytes)
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-bug-report.sh from finding relevant messages in kernel log files.
- Added support for the screen_info.ext_lfb_base field, on kernels that have it, in order to properly handle UEFI framebuffer consoles with physical addresses above 4GB.
Change log for December 10, 2016 Vulkan 1.0.37 spec update:
* Bump API patch number and header version number to 37 for this update.
* Add usability guarantees on the values returned by
flink:vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceCapabilitiesKHR in the
slink:VkSurfaceCapabilitiesKHR structure and by
flink:vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR in the
pname:pSurfaceFormatCount parameter (public issue 385).
* Add elink:VkDebugReportObjectTypeEXT enumerants for new object types
introduced by new extensions (public issue 408).
* Add +VK_NVX_device_generated_commands+ etext:ACCESS bits and define how
they are used (public issue 415).
* Fix indentation for slink:VkDebugReportCallbackCreateInfoEXT member
descriptions (public issue 419).
* Expand requirements memory binding of non-sparse images and buffers from
the <<resources-association,Resource Memory Association>> section into
valid usage statements for all of the applicable API calls (internal
* Explicitly state that valid usage of flink:vkCreateImage requires that
flink:vkGetPhysicalDeviceImageFormatProperties would return
ename:VK_SUCCESS for the requested image configuration (internal issue
Xiaomi today announced its latest electric scooter, dubbed Mijia. The Mijia comes with a host of cool features such as E-ABS system, cruise control, and brake energy recovery system. The Xiaomi Mijia is made out of aluminum alloy, the same material used in manufacturing aircrafts and is also commonly used on flagship smartphones nowadays. It is capable of achieving a maximum speed of 25km/h, with an instantaneous power of 500 W. Xiaomi is using an 1850 EV-lithium ion battery with a battery capacity of 280Wh, sourced from LG. It allows for a range of 30km (with a 75kg person), which is pretty decent.