18.104.22.168 Release Notes Important Note about loader:
The release loader binary is built from different source than provided by the SDK package. The source the loader is built from will be made publicly available at some point in the near future. Because of this, the debug loader is still built from the publicly available source and will not exactly match the behavior of the release loader.Glslang and Driver Issues:
Please see the Known Driver Issues section in this document for information about a compatibility issue between glslang and Nvidia drivers.
Overview of new features in SDK 22.214.171.124
- Update loader, parameter validation, and docs to Vulkan version 1.0.39. This includes the addition of following extensions:
- Additional Vulkan loader changes:
- Loader now handles dynamic device addition/removal
- Expanded logging of loader behavior (using VK_LOADER_DEBUG)
- vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties now filters out unknown instance extensions, since the loader can not support them.
- LoaderAndLayerInterface document has been updated and re-organized.
- Latest loader and ICD interface changes
- New loader and layer interface version negotiation
- Information on how to support unknown physical device extensions (from a layer or ICD)
- vktrace has been changed so that the --PMB option defaults to true.
- The Runtime (RT) installer no longer removes valid layers from registry.
- Prior to this, layers were only kept in the 'ExplicitLayers' registry key if the API version matched that of the Runtime.
- Now they will continue to exist in the registry if the layer version is less than or equal to the installing Runtime version.
- Additionally, if multiple SDKs are present, the Runtime installer will select the highest layer API version that is less than or equal to the highest RT API version.
- For example, if you:
- Installed SDKs 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Then installed the 184.108.40.206 RT
- The 220.127.116.11 layers should continue to exist in the registry and be useable.
- Improved coverage and utility in layer validation tests
- Scores of bugfixes, new validation checks, and many feature additions