« Last post by JeGX on March 09, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »
cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 Win64"
Release Date: March 7, 2017 Summary Develop: Navigate, write, and fix your code fast
Debug: Debug, profile, and diagnose with ease
- New Installation Experience - A reduced minimum footprint for faster and more customizable installations, as well as support for offline installs.
- Visual Studio IDE - A broad range of enhancements in Visual Studio 2017, including reduction in startup and solution load times, sign in and identity improvements, improved code navigation, open folder view, and connected services enable connections between your app and any service on-premises or in the cloud.
- Visual C++ - No breaking changes between 2015 and 2017. Better C++14 conformance level, CMake support, build throughput, and productivity in the editor.
- C# and Visual Basic - Extends support for new C# 7.0 and Visual Basic 15 language features, and introduces new refactorings that allow you to organize source code with one action.
- F# - Support for F# 4.1 language features, improvements to the F# compiler and FSharp.Core, and a new editor based on Roslyn Workspaces.
Test: Write high-quality code with comprehensive testing tools
- Debugging and Diagnostics - Overhaul of the Exception Helper and faster code navigation with Run to Click. Plus, a new summary of your application events in the Diagnostic Tools window and several improvements to the CPU Tool.
Collaborate: Use version control, be agile, and collaborate efficiently
- Live Unit Testing - Visualize unit testing results and code coverage live in the editor.
- Testing Tools - Associate automation with test case work items using the Test Explorer.
Extend: Customize to your liking by building your own extensions
- New Git features in Team Explorer and updated connect experience - Do more with Git in Visual Studio 2017 and easily find the projects and repos to which you want to connect.
- Enhanced Visual Studio Feedback Workflow - More collaborative Report-A-Problem. Search, follow, and vote to get latest updates on all feedback.
Equip: Utilize tooling to increase productivity and explore new capabilities
- Visual Studio Extensions - Customize Visual Studio to your liking by building your own extensions.
- Discoverability of Project and Item Templates - There is a breaking change with how Visual Studio consumes project and item templates to improve performance of template discovery.
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core - This contains the 1.0 final release of the new MSBuild based .NET Core Tools. Using Visual Studio 2017, you can create .NET Standard libraries, .NET Core apps/libraries, and ASP.NET web projects that use the new csproj format.
- Tools for Universal Windows App Development - Updates include a new version of the .NET Native toolchain, .NET Core NuGet framework, new productivity tools, and support for the Windows 10 "Creators Update" SDK.
- Xamarin - Xamarin 4.3 adds support for tvOS, while also improving iOS Assets Catalog support and the XML editing experience.
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova - A new browser-based simulator enables you to code fast and see the results immediately.
- Node.js Tools for Visual Studio - Updates focused on stability, performance, and overall product quality.
- Visual Studio Tools for Unity - Visual Studio Tools for Unity 3 is now available with the "Game Development with Unity" workload from the new Visual Studio installer.
- Redgate Developer Tools Core Edition - To extend DevOps capabilities to SQL database development, Visual Studio now includes Redgate Developer Tools Core Edition, comprising Redgate ReadyRoll, SQL Search, and SQL Prompt.
- NuGet - NuGet now supports storing package dependency information directly in project files as package references, while maintaining the advances of transitive package references.
- Tools for XAML Apps - The XAML runtime toolbar now lets you track focus. XAML productivity has been improved with XAML Edit & Continue, improvements to the XAML Editor, and performance optimizations.
- Data Tools and SQL Server - The latest update of SQL Server Data Tools enables support for the newest features in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016.
- Developer Analytics Tools - Visual Studio 2017 includes Developer Analytics Tools v8.6 with many improvements to the Application Insights and HockeyApp features in Visual Studio.
- Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio - Includes Office Developer Tools with the latest features and updates.
- Live Architecture Dependency Validation - Real-time notifications of dependency validation diagrams (aka Layer diagrams).
- Developer Command Prompt - Refactored scripts to support the new installation experience.
- Azure SDK for .NET - Now available from the new Visual Studio installer.