« on: July 08, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
NVIDIA UN*X driver portal
- Fixed a bug that prevented 3D Vision stereo and ultra low motion blur modes from working on G-SYNC capable monitors in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Allow G-SYNC" checkbox to be displayed in nvidia-settings even if the GPUs in the system are not capable of G-SYNC.
- Fixed a kernel crash when running some applications with IOMMU functionality enabled.
- Fixed a floating point exception in the OpenGL driver when running "Risk of Rain" under Wine.
- Made various improvements and corrections to the information reported to GL applications via the KHR_debug and ARB_debug_output extensions.
- Fixed a bug that caused GLX applications which simultaneously create drawables on multiple X servers to crash when swapping buffers.
- Updated nvidia-settings to report all valid names for each target when querying target types, e.g. `nvidia-settings -q gpus`.
- Added support for controlling the availability of Fast Approximate Antialiasing (FXAA) on a per-application basis via the new __GL_ALLOW_FXAA_USAGE environment variable and the corresponding GLAllowFXAAUsage application profile key. See the README for details.
- Fixed a bug where indirect rendering could become corrupted on system configurations that disallow writing to executable memory.
- Updated the nvidia-settings Makefiles to allow nvidia-settings to be dynamically linked against the host system's libjansson. This option can be enabled by setting the NV_USE_BUNDLED_LIBJANSSON Makefile variable to 0.Please note that nvidia-settings requires libjansson version 2.2 or later.
- Removed the runlevel check from nvidia-installer: the installation problems formerly associated with runlevel 1 no longer apply.
- Added initial support for G-SYNC monitors.Additional details and system requirements can be found at:http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync
- Improved support for running the NVIDIA driver in configurations where writing to executable memory is disallowed.Driver optimizations that require writing to executable memory can be forcefully disabled using the new __GL_WRITE_TEXT_SECTION environment variable.See the README for more details.
- Fixed an X driver bug that caused gamma ramp updates of the green channel at depth 15, on some recent GPUs, to be ignored.
- Fixed a regression, introduced in the 340.17 public beta release, that caused the NVIDIA X driver to access freed memory when exiting a GLX application that used either of the GLX_NV_video_out or GLX_NV_present_video extensions.