« on: September 10, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
Arteria3d have just launched a new 3d content pack, focussing on an industrial theme. As well as viewing the promo pics, you can also download a 3d level to walk around in.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Direct3D 11 RTM
The August 2009 DirectX SDK contains the first official release of the DirectX developer resources for Direct3D 11, DXGI 1.1, Direct2D, and DirectWrite. Developers can now publish and distribute Direct3D 11 applications and games that leverage all of the software and hardware features of DirectX 11 in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
To obtain the Direct3D 11 runtime, please obtain an RTM version of Windows 7 or follow the procedure described in KB 971644. For more details, see Direct3D 11 Deployment for Game Developers
September 9, 2009: Total Commander 7.5 FINAL is available now! There are many new functions. The most important are:
* Full Unicode support in most functions where it is possible, including FTP, ZIP packer, and plugin interfaces
* Help file now by default in HTML format (CHM). The old HLP file is still available online
* Support for file names longer than 259 characters (up to 1022) in most file operations
* The current directory above the file lists can act as a clickable bar ("breadcrumb bar")
* Protect the stored ftp passwords with a master password using AES256 encryption
* Start Lister, compare by content or synchronize dirs directly via command line parameters
* Comments (Ctrl+Z) can now have a max. length of 4095 characters, and support line breaks
* Synchronize dirs: Option to synchronize also empty directories, option to copy just specific file properties (like the time)
* Allow to use the Windows key for user-defined hotkeys
* On 64-bit Windows, allow to use 64-bit shell extensions in local menu (context menu)
* Copy files/directories to multiple target directories (or lnk files pointing to directories) in one operation
* Quick search with search dialog: Show button which allows to show only files/dirs matching the filter
* Choose different character encodings in Lister, full support for right to left text
* New internal association system, e.g. for using Total Commander from a USB stick
GPU Flame Fractal Renderer for flam3 cosmic recursive fractal flames implemented on GPU. Requires a CUDA-capable graphics card.
-Replaced the random number generater with a Combined Tausworthe generator. This improves image quality for flames with large use of the various blur vars.
-Added opacity setting to xforms.
-Various changes to the render library.
-Massive performance increase, nearly doubling previous performance for iterations.
--Broke 1 BILLION iterations/sec!
-Fiddled with the threading code some more - flam4 no longer slows down the entire system while running.
multiDAC is intended to become a user-friendly tool for image- and videoprocessing in the field of deformation/movement analysis.
It is written in C# with some C routines using CPU/GPU parallelization (e.g. CUDA).
IllustStudio is the paint tool which allows users to express pen strokes similar to real ones and to expand their range of expressions.
IllustStudio has filters corresponding to CUDA and realizes high-speed filtering process by using GPU calculation.
According to our research*, with CUDA enables the processing speed 35 times faster than without CUDA. * According to the ratio of CELSYS.
* Support for Catalyst™ driver 9.5-9.8.
* Support for ATI RadeonTM HD 4890 graphics cards.
* Support for ATI RadeonTM HD 4770 graphics cards.
* Improved interface for selecting which ASICs to generate statistics for.
* Compiler Statistics table now remembers which column to sort by.
AMD LIano is said to be a processor with integrated GPU core while the CPU will be either dual or quad-core.
Advantages are obvious, Flash-plugin is installed in approximately 95% of users, this is habitual, crossplatform technology.
Thanks to Alternativa3D, it is now availiable to show three-dimentional worlds, games, virtual tours or objects in browser.
- DX11 Support – Support for DX11-based hardware.
GPUs are becoming more like CPUs. But in the critical area of error corrected memory, graphics hardware still lags. The lack of error correction is probably the single biggest factor that makes users of GPUs for high performance computing nervous. Some HPC applications are resistant to the occasional bad data value, but many are not. The good news is that graphics chip vendors are aware of the problem and it appears to be only a matter of time before GPUs get a memory makeover.
This version of the NVIDIA profile update should be used with v190.62 WHQL display driver.
It adds support for the following PC games:
* Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5)
* Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound Demo
* Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
* Need for Speed: Shift
It also increases performance for the following PC game:
* Batman: Arkham Asylum
Nvidia's 40 nanometer generation has to show what it is capable off. PC Games Hardware tests if switching to 40 nm, DirectX 10.1 and Co. was worth the effort.
We got our test sample... from an auction on Ebay.
The winners of the UK's premier computer games design competition, who are also the sole nominees for the BAFTA Ones to Watch award, have been announced at Dare ProtoPlay at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
In principle, an unlimited number of stacked crystal layers can be fabricated on silicon to create devices densely interconnected with nanowires
Stanford researchers have developed a method of stacking and crystalline semiconductor layers that sets the potential for three-dimensional microchips.
Blender 2.49b Bugfix Release
* Update for new OpenAL windows library.
* Update Japanese translation.
* Upgrade extern/xvidcore to version 1.22. This fixes Xvid crashing on linux 64 bit.
* Updated Blender/Python API and GameEngine docs.
* SoftBody, vertex groups were not notified on deletion & fixes for Mass and Spring Painting
* Softbody, non mesh objects missing initializers [bug #18982]
* Self Shadow Vertex Colors, improved blur method to give more even results.
* Converting nurbs to a mesh ignored smoothing for Alt+C and from python.
* Object Active to Other, Fix python error when running in local view.
* Ancient resource leak where checkPackedFile would open a file and never close it.
* Fix for uninitialized memory use with X11 keyboard and tablet events.
* Fix for building with CLang (LLVM)
* Using LightGroups override for material doesn't work for preview renders.
* Render Stamp, error in setting the alpha value when drawing text into a char buffer.
* Lumma Matte, Fix in low value setting.
Originally checked against the wrong channel (chroma) instead of the luminence channel. Changed default value for high value to 1.0 from 0.0
* Baking selected to active with nearby dupliframes objects crashes blender [bug #19029]
* Fix for high energy sunlamps, turning specular black [bug #18837]
Game Engine Bugs:
* Saving runtime on Windows didn't work with python2.6
* Let IPO's animate the ref value for KX_BlenderMaterial's
Game Engine Python Bugs:
* Converting a mesh from a python argument was broken but happened to work in some cases.
* Memory leak fix for action.channelNames.
* Was writing to freed memory when freeing a python object in some cases.
* Removing GameLogic.EvalExpression(), was unstable.
* Crash fix when casting a ray to the same location as the object.
* Fixed KX_PolyProxy returning improper VertexIndex with mixed triangles and quads with using .getVertexIndex() and .v1, .v2, etc. [bug #19254]
* Fixed obj.sendMessage() with 4 arguments crashing blender [bug #18963]
Game Engine Bullet Bugs:
* Crash fix when a parent compound object didn't have a physics controller.
* Fix for the torque actuator x -& y-axis not working.
* IPO curve-deletion resulted in non-working effect
* easy retiming only allowed enlarging of strips, now shrinking is also possible (easy retiming: use the right display handle of input strip and shrink or enlarge, will make the speed of the strip exactly fit the effect strip's length)
* frames after end-of-display of input strips can now be accessed.
* frame blending can now be done on more than two frames, enabling really fine grained motion blur if you speed up a sequence with high factors (bigger than two).
* Scene-Strip rendering with compositor scenes failed, if they had no camera attached.
* Fixed hdd-audio for sample formats other than 16 bit (8 bit eg).
* FBX Export, Incorrect formatting that broke some converters.
* BVH Motion Capture Import, Did not support single rigid body objects. [bug #18949]
* OBJ Import, fix for importing of transparent faces from .mtl files - ZTrans now is set for them as well. (improves import from SketchUp)
* Collada export, Empty material slot would raise a python error.
* Collada import, fixes for increased Sketchup interoperability and more.
* Quake MAP Export, empty nodes were not exported, also noticed files were invalid if there were no meshes or surfaces.
* Quake MAP Export, had support for single triangular brush unnecessarily disabled.
* Quake MD2 Export, Fix for vertex normals [patch #19206]
* Mathutils (quat_a*quat_b) was broken, returned (quat_a*quat_a) instead.
* Support for editing properties IpoCurve.driverBone and IpoCurve.driverBone2 and modifies IpoCurve.driverChannel to allow OB_ROT_DIFF.
* Documentation corrections.
* Support for rendering background scenes different from the active scene.
* scene.render.render() now behaves the same in interactive and background mode
* scene.render.saveRenderedImage() now works correctly in background mode
* Armature active bone can be set.
* 16bit SGI image loading
* When BLENDER_FORCE_SWAPBUFFERS env variable is defined, a function is enabled that fixes flickering for some Intel and Radeon cards.
* Python API - Particles
o Draw As variable and dict
o Strand render toggle
o Object, psys variable in duplicate
o Material, Strand render variables
o Texture, Use colorbands
o Lamp, Spot buffer type selection
* Game Engine Physics support for reinstancePhysics mesh from Python and the dynamic actuator.
o ReplaceMesh Actuator option to replace the physics mesh and display mesh + python api options.
o Video and blend file demo.
* Mouse focus sensor "pulse" option to pulse TRUE when the object under the mouse changes.
* EDL importer for the sequencer. supports...
o audio, video edits
o fades, wipes, speed changes (video only)
o importing from multiple reels