Awesome news for aspiring game designers: The Unity Indie package, formerly $200, is now free
Full story at RPS
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Changes in HWiNFO32 v3.25 - Released on: Oct-28-2009:
* Enhanced support of ATI R8xx (Evergreen) family (clock, properties).
* Added support of Fintek F71808E sensor.
* Fixed some issues while accessing certain SMBus devices on certain motherboards.
* Improved reporting of ATI R7xx family clocks.
* Improved sensor support of Intel DP55 boards.
* Added reporting of additional Lynnfield/Clarksfield capabilities.
* Added ATI FirePro M7750.
* Added reporting of Intel Extreme Tuning (XTU) capable BIOS settings.
* Enhanced sensor support of ASUS Maximus III Formula / Gene.
* Added reporting of DMI bus capabilities for CPUs with Internal QPI and External DMI (*field, *dale).
* Fixed rare problems with Intel CPU detection under specific conditions.
* Added nVidia GeForce GTS 250M, 260M and GTX 285M.
* Fixed handling of non-linear CPU core APIC IDs.
* Improved detection of memory modules on Supermicro X8DTN, H8DI3/H8DII/H8DIL, H8DM8-2/H8DME-2.
This week at the Electronic Manufacturer Exposition (eMEX) in Suzhou, China, S3 Graphics has unveiled the Chrome 5400E, a power-efficient GPGPU processor that's claimed to offer a an excellent blend of graphics functionality, performance, power, longevity and stability for high quality embedded graphics solutions.
The new chip comes in a small form-factor (23 x 23 mm) BGA package, is manufactured on 65nm process technology and features support for x1/x4/x8/x16 PCI-Express 2.0 lanes, DDR2 and GDDR3 memory, it boasts the ChromotionHD 2.1 Programmable Video Engine providing H.264, MPEG-2 HD, WMV9-HD, and VC-1 acceleration, and also includes native display support for 2x Dual-Channel LVDS, DisplayPort, 2x Dual-Link DVI and HDMI with HDCP. Moreover, the Chrome 5400E has a programmable unified-shader-architecture which enables it to have DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 3.1 and OpenCL 1.0 support.
As for driver support, S3 says that its Chrome processor will work with everything from Windows XP, Vista and 7 to Windows CE and Linux distros based on the 2.6.xx kernel.
For more info about the Chrome 5400E see this page.
Official ATI Catalyst WHQL release supporting ATI Radeon HD 5800 series GPUs
* ATI Catalyst 9.10 now includes full GPU support for the award winning ATI HD Radeon 5800 series GPUS!
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
* ATI Catalyst 9.10 provides support for a new Anti-Aliasing method on the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series. Users can now experience the high level of anti-aliasing image quality using Super Sampling anti-aliasing while maintaining good performance levels.
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.10 release for Linux includes:
Support for new Linux operating systems
o This release of ATI Catalyst driver for Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
+ Ubuntu 9.10 early look support
Highlights of resolved issues
* Ghostbusters video game no longer flickers between desktop and game play when anti-aliasing is set to 8X and game resolution set to 2560×1600
* Enabling Screen Space Ambient Occlusion option in “Riddick 2 Dark Athena” no longer causes the game to fail under Multi-GPU configurations
* Severe flickering no longer observed while running 3D games/samples on specific HDMI displays with configurations using ATI CrossFireX™ technology in tri and quad modes
* Desktop flashing no longer observed after driver installation and reboot with systems configured with Radeon ASIC in the primary PCIe slot and ATI Fire Stream™ ASIC in the secondary PCIe slot
* “Combat Mission Shock Force” no longer fails after a duration of game play
* Underscan/Overscan settings for TV can now be applied from the ATI Catalyst Control Center – TV Properties Adjustments page
* Changes to the “All Settings” and “Basic Quality” pages in ATI Catalyst Control Center - Avivo™ Video will now be retained after reboot
To download the driver, click here.
Mali GPU platform is capable of 1080p HD resolution, offers 2D and 3D graphics and 4x and 16x FSAA [Full Scene Anti-aliasing]. ARM offers the GPU as an SoC [System-on-Chip]. With the Developers Center website, expect Xbox 360-level video graphics on mobile devices by spring 2010. Currently, there are 25 licensees of the Mali GPU IP.
Mali is available in a variety of forms, from the Mali-55, which holds the record as the world's smallest GPU, to the Mali-400 MP, which ARM calls the "highest-performance embedded multicore GPU IP on the market."
Technology and movie-making have always gone hand in hand but the latest breakthroughs are changing the very nature of the process.
Those in the industry say that thanks to the role of graphics processing units (GPUs), the director's vision can be more fully realised.
Real-time 3D rendering is in a particularly exciting phase of its evolution. With the arrival of GPUs that are more and more programmable, a lot of approaches that have been out of the question up until now are reappearing, as developers try to solve the problems at hand.
Voxel octree ray casting is an especially promising technique for drastically increasing the geometric complexity of the games of the future.
The Maya Tessellator Plug-in allows users of Autodesk's Maya to take advantage of FirePro Graphics GPU tessellation hardware. The readme.doc file in the package describes how to install and use the plug-in. Binaries are included for XP 32 and XP 64 operating systems
CEO Dirk Meyer Discloses Process Tech Details About Fusion "Llano" CPU-GPU Chips
NVidia and Mental Images just announced their newest product offering at the Web2.0 Summit in San Francisco, CA: RealityServer3 and TeslaRS.
EVEREST Ultimate Edition 5.30.1917 2009-10-19 10.2 MB
* Display / GPGPU / support for ATI Stream v2.0
* Display / GPGPU / detection of shader engine count (ATI Stream v2.0)
* Display / GPGPU / detection of 3D ProgramGrid support (ATI Stream v2.0)
* extended reference OpenGL Extensions list (for ATI Cypress, Juniper)
* extended reference OpenGL Extensions list (for nVIDIA GT216, GT218)
* USB-IDE bridges support disabled on +200 more USB memory card readers
* identification of Mobile Intel Pentium SU41xx (aka Penryn-2M)
* Intel Processor Number detection for Atom N470
* Intel Processor Number detection for Mobile Pentium SU4100
* sensor support for Dell SMI of Vostro 1015
* motherboard specific sensor info for Asus P5E WS Pro
* motherboard specific sensor info for ECS A740GM-M
* motherboard specific sensor info for ECS A785GM-M
* fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTS 160M (G94M)
* fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (G92GTS)
* fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (G92GTS)
* fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M (G92M)
* fixed: GPU information for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M (G92M)
* fixed: monitor information / horizontal freq, vertical freq, pixel clock detection
This installment focuses on debugging techniques and how CUDA-GDB can be used to effectively diagnose and debug CUDA code -- with an emphasis on how to speed the process when looking through large amounts of data as well as the thread syntax and semantic differences needed to debug kernels while they are running on the GPU.
Fraps 2.9.99 Released
2.9.99 - 16th Oct 2009
- Fixed flickering video capture in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Fixed 30-bit color captures in Eve Online
- Fixed mouse cursor not being recorded in Conquer Online
- Other minor bug fixes
This version of the NVIDIA profile update should be used with v191.07 WHQL display driver.
It adds support for the following PC games:
* Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
* FIFA Soccer 2010
* League of Legends: Clash of Fates
* NHL 2009
* Order of War
* Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
* Race On
* Star Trek: D-A-C
It also increases performance for the following PC games:
* Champions Online
* Dragon-Age: Origins
GPU-Z is a lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU.
Please note: Some versions of McAfee Antivirus report a "Generic!Artemis" infection. This is a McAfee specific false positive, GPU-Z is not infected with any virus/trojan.
* Added Infotips, they can be turned off in the system menu
* Added preliminary support for ATI Radeon HD 5900 (Hemlock), HD 5600 (Cedar), HD 5300 (Redwood)
* Added full support for HD 5850, HD 5770, HD 5750
* GPU-Z no longer crashes on ATI ULPS enabled CrossFire configurations
* Fillrate Pixel, Fillrate Texel, Memory Bandwidth will now correctly recalculate when clocks change
* Bus Interface, ATI shader count is now periodically refreshed
* Added support for HD 5850 voltages
* Second voltage on HD 5870 correctly named VDDCI
* ATI clock reading code fixed
* Fixed default clock reading on HD 5850
* Added Mutex to avoid collisions on long I2C operations
* Added basic detection for a lot of NVIDIA card fakes
* Added detection for ATI FireGL V7600, M92, RS880
* Added detection for NVIDIA GT 130, 9600 GE, Tesla C1060, G 220, GT 220, NVS 3100, GTS 160 M, NVS 160M, NVS 150M, G105M, GT 240M, G105M, G210M, G310M, ION LE
* Fixed die size and transistor count on G72 M
PC Games Hardware had already compared DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 graphics in Stalker: Call of Pripyat. The official system requirements of Stalker: Call of Pripyat were revealed some days ago, too.
Update October 13, 2009
In the meantime AMD provided us with more screenshots of DirectX 11 features such as shadows and Hardware Tessellation. Please refer to our gallery.
Back again on banned ATI+Nvidia PhysX configurations situation. Initially, all the hype was based on e-mail from customer care support, while Nvidia official motives were undisclosed. In order to bring some clarity, we’ve asked Nvidia for commentaries a while ago and finally recieved some answers