« on: May 26, 2016, 07:23:29 AM »
Dota 2 Update - May 23rd 2016
* The beta version of Vulkan support for Dota 2 is now available via DLC.
* Please make sure to opt-in to the Steam Client Beta for the latest Steam Vulkan Overlay (fixes performance issue with Steam Overlay).
* Enable with the -vulkan launch option after downloading the Vulkan Beta DLC. Remove -dx9/-dx11/-gl (if present) from any previous launch options.
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit: NVIDIA 600-series+ (365.19+ driver), AMD 7700+ (Crimson 188.8.131.52+ driver)
- Linux 64-bit: NVIDIA 600-series+ (364.16+ driver), AMD GCN 1.2 (16.20.3 driver)
- 2GB of GPU memory required - may experience crashes with < 2GB of GPU memory.
* The first time you run with Vulkan you may experience short stutters while the engine caches shaders on disk. After playing through or watching a match, these stutters should go away.
* There is a known issue on Linux with NVIDIA GPUs where tearing can be observed even when vertical sync is enabled. NVIDIA is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in the future through a driver update.
* Please file any bugs with the Vulkan version at https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2-Vulkan/issues/
Dota 2 Benchmark - "Vulkan is slower and faster than DX11"
Vulkan doesn't yet work with Intel Broadwell (patched driver v4409)
You can check if Vulkan renderer is active in VConsole2 coming with DOTA 2