« on: September 11, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Crytek is to increase its commitment to games education by offering its market-leading CryEngine for free to universities across the UK.
The fourth issue of Intel® Visual Adrenaline magazine explores how game developers strive to create the highest possible level of immersion for players.
DiRT*2* offers up a more believable and fun ride with enhanced vehicle-handling dynamics.
Astronaut: Moon, Mars & Beyond created through a collaboration of game developers and NASA scientists and engineers, explores the future of virtual space exploration set in a unmatched lunar moonscapes and debris from nearby meteor impacts.
Solid-state drives from Intel deliver massive volumes of input and output operations per second—a huge productivity boost for developers.
Mythic Entertainment’s server farm is home to the many creatures that inhabit Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning.
A review of techniques for scaling ambient animations and improving the gaming experience wrap up issue four.
Direct3D 11 RTM
The August 2009 DirectX SDK contains the first official release of the DirectX developer resources for Direct3D 11, DXGI 1.1, Direct2D, and DirectWrite. Developers can now publish and distribute Direct3D 11 applications and games that leverage all of the software and hardware features of DirectX 11 in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
To obtain the Direct3D 11 runtime, please obtain an RTM version of Windows 7 or follow the procedure described in KB 971644. For more details, see Direct3D 11 Deployment for Game Developers
September 9, 2009: Total Commander 7.5 FINAL is available now! There are many new functions. The most important are:
* Full Unicode support in most functions where it is possible, including FTP, ZIP packer, and plugin interfaces
* Help file now by default in HTML format (CHM). The old HLP file is still available online
* Support for file names longer than 259 characters (up to 1022) in most file operations
* The current directory above the file lists can act as a clickable bar ("breadcrumb bar")
* Protect the stored ftp passwords with a master password using AES256 encryption
* Start Lister, compare by content or synchronize dirs directly via command line parameters
* Comments (Ctrl+Z) can now have a max. length of 4095 characters, and support line breaks
* Synchronize dirs: Option to synchronize also empty directories, option to copy just specific file properties (like the time)
* Allow to use the Windows key for user-defined hotkeys
* On 64-bit Windows, allow to use 64-bit shell extensions in local menu (context menu)
* Copy files/directories to multiple target directories (or lnk files pointing to directories) in one operation
* Quick search with search dialog: Show button which allows to show only files/dirs matching the filter
* Choose different character encodings in Lister, full support for right to left text
* New internal association system, e.g. for using Total Commander from a USB stick
GPU Flame Fractal Renderer for flam3 cosmic recursive fractal flames implemented on GPU. Requires a CUDA-capable graphics card.
-Replaced the random number generater with a Combined Tausworthe generator. This improves image quality for flames with large use of the various blur vars.
-Added opacity setting to xforms.
-Various changes to the render library.
-Massive performance increase, nearly doubling previous performance for iterations.
--Broke 1 BILLION iterations/sec!
-Fiddled with the threading code some more - flam4 no longer slows down the entire system while running.
multiDAC is intended to become a user-friendly tool for image- and videoprocessing in the field of deformation/movement analysis.
It is written in C# with some C routines using CPU/GPU parallelization (e.g. CUDA).
IllustStudio is the paint tool which allows users to express pen strokes similar to real ones and to expand their range of expressions.
IllustStudio has filters corresponding to CUDA and realizes high-speed filtering process by using GPU calculation.
According to our research*, with CUDA enables the processing speed 35 times faster than without CUDA. * According to the ratio of CELSYS.
* Support for Catalyst™ driver 9.5-9.8.
* Support for ATI RadeonTM HD 4890 graphics cards.
* Support for ATI RadeonTM HD 4770 graphics cards.
* Improved interface for selecting which ASICs to generate statistics for.
* Compiler Statistics table now remembers which column to sort by.
AMD LIano is said to be a processor with integrated GPU core while the CPU will be either dual or quad-core.
Advantages are obvious, Flash-plugin is installed in approximately 95% of users, this is habitual, crossplatform technology.
Thanks to Alternativa3D, it is now availiable to show three-dimentional worlds, games, virtual tours or objects in browser.
- DX11 Support – Support for DX11-based hardware.
GPUs are becoming more like CPUs. But in the critical area of error corrected memory, graphics hardware still lags. The lack of error correction is probably the single biggest factor that makes users of GPUs for high performance computing nervous. Some HPC applications are resistant to the occasional bad data value, but many are not. The good news is that graphics chip vendors are aware of the problem and it appears to be only a matter of time before GPUs get a memory makeover.
This version of the NVIDIA profile update should be used with v190.62 WHQL display driver.
It adds support for the following PC games:
* Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5)
* Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound Demo
* Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
* Need for Speed: Shift
It also increases performance for the following PC game:
* Batman: Arkham Asylum
Nvidia's 40 nanometer generation has to show what it is capable off. PC Games Hardware tests if switching to 40 nm, DirectX 10.1 and Co. was worth the effort.
We got our test sample... from an auction on Ebay.