This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Epic Games, Inc. has released the November 2010 UDK Beta, the latest version of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides uncompromised access to the award-winning toolset used in blockbuster video games, 3D visualizations, digital films and more.
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases at no charge, and the latest beta is available now at www.udk.com/download.
UDK now ships with an additional map, plus many improvements to the Unreal Editor have been made.
* The new time of day map (as seen in the new trailer mentioned above) now ships with UDKGame example game content.
* UDK’s new welcome screen improves functionality.
This document tracks what new Catalyst Application Profiles have been added in each CAP
Note the CAP’s are additive, so the latest CAP always include all of the previous CAP updates as
October 14 2010 –Catalyst 10.9 CAP1
DirectX 9 application updates:
o Multiplayer Medal of Honor CrossFire update
o Darksider performance and CrossFire Anti-Aliasing update
o NBA 2K11 CrossFire update
DirectX10/11 application updates:
o Stone Giant CrossFire update
o Multiplayer Medal of Honor CrossFire update
o CivV tweak CrossFire update
o Hawx2 CrossFire update
o F1 CrossFire update
o World of Warcraft DX11 version CrossFire update
November 5 2010 –Catalyst 10.10 CAP1
F1 2010 (DX9 mode) – improves CrossFire performance
Age of Wonders / Age of Wonders II – resolves negative CrossFire scaling issues
Just Cause 2 – improves CrossFire performance for 3 GPU configurations
ComputeMark – improves CrossFire performance
November 12 2010 –Catalyst 10.10 CAP2
Left 4 Dead 2 – Updated CrossFire profile for “The Sacrifice” updated version
November 19 2010 –Catalyst 10.11 CAP1
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy – resolves negative CrossFire scaling
DarkFall – Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center has been disabled
November 26 2010 –Catalyst 10.11 CAP2
Two Worlds 2: Improves CrossFire performance
James Bond 007 – Black Stone: Improves CrossFire performance
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Improves CrossFire performance
Lion Heart – Enables Anti-Aliasing support through the Catalyst Control Center
F1 2010: Fixes water flickering when running in CrossFire mode
Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 10.2
Added a new Maximum TDP specification for the NVIDIA GPUs.
Added the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 260M GPU.
Added the NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G GPU.
Added the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 GPU.
Added the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M and 7000M GPUs.
Added the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6250 GPU.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce 310M and 305M GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 5100M, 3100M and 2100M GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, GTS 250M, GT 240M, GT 230M and G210M GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G and 9100M G GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT, 8400M GS and 8400M G GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M and 360M GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M GPU.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 and 7300 GPUs.
Updated the specifications of the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400, 6200, 6150 and 6100 GPUs.
Renamed the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M GS as the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G.
Total GPUs : 246
Notepad++ v5.8.5 new features and fixed bugs (from v5.8.4) :
1. Fix Shell Extension icon absent issue.
2. Fix the crash problem if config.xml is not present.
3. Fix tab settings not saved under Windows 7 problem.
4. Fix localization switching under Windows 7 problem.
5. Fix x64 system files problems : not included in recent file history list while closing a file.
6. Fix x64 system files problems : not remembered in the next session problem.
7. Fix the search direction not being memorized problem.
8. Modify File Association dialog UI.
9. Fix the initial document encoding is not set by "New Document Settings".
Changes in HWiNFO32 v3.62 - Released on: Nov-22-2010:
* Added monitoring of fan speed on certain Toshiba notebooks (with TVALZ driver).
* Various minor fixes and updates.
* Fixed Multi-GPU support in case of different brand/model GPUs.
* Added nVidia GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GTX 580, GF110/D13U.
* Enhanced support of Cedarview.
* Added patch for BSOD on multi-GPU machines in case ULPS powers down a GPU.
* Fixed rare hang during CPU scan caused by HPET timers.
* Enhanced sensor monitoring on Biostar TPower I45, MSI Big Bang-XPower (MS-7666).
* Enhanced support of some PMBus capable sensors.
* Added reporting of maximum supported PCIe and USB version on system.
EnSight CFD is a post-processing application designed specifically for the CFD market.
EnSight CFD builds on the powerful and flexible technology core of EnSight, the general-purpose post- processor that has led the market in features and performance since it's release in 1994.
By focusing on the CFD user, EnSight CFD streamlines the post-processing task for users who do not need the full capabilities of EnSight.
This year at the Blender conference, we demoed a new concept. Blender OpenCL Compositor. OpenCL (Open Computing Language) is a technical standard to use multiple type of processor units (like the ones that can be found on graphical cards) to perform computational tasks.
The Fermi architecture and CUDA
In CUDA, Supercomputing for the Masses Part 20, I focused on the analysis capability of Parallel Nsight v1.0 coupled with the NVIDIA Tools extension (NVTX) library to illustrate asynchronous I/O, hybrid CPU/GPU computing, and the performance of primitive restart to dramatically accelerate OpenGL rendering in CUDA applications. (Note that Parallel Nsight 1.5 has been released, which is now compatible with Visual Studio 2010 and further refines the Parallel Nsight experience.)
This article will focus on Fermi and the architectural changes that significantly broaden the types of applications that map well to GPGPU computing while maintaining the performance benefits provided by previous generations of CUDA-enabled GPUs. Particular attention will be paid to how the Fermi architecture affects CUDA memory spaces. Also discussed will be how the Fermi architecture moves GPU computing into mainstream 24/7 production computing with error correction and other robustness features.
Paint.NET v3.5.6 - Download, released on November 18th, 2010
This update fixes several issues related to copy-paste, improves performance and quality for a few adjustments, and fixes a data loss bug.
* When pasting an image, Paint.NET will be smarter about ensuring it is placed within the area that has been scrolled/zoomed to.
* Improved the performance and quality of the Curves and Hue/Saturation adjustments.
* Some minor improvements to memory usage, which should help out a few scenarios on 32-bit systems.
* Fixed: If a JPEG was loaded that had an embedded ICC profile, and was then saved as an 8-bit or 24-bit PNG, then the resulting file would be corrupt (32-bit PNG worked fine though).
* Fixed: 16-bit TGAs no longer load with the red and blue channels swapped.
* Fixed: Copy-paste from a Remote Desktop session will no longer be 'shifted' by 3 pixels.
* Fixed: Copy-paste from Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome should preserve alpha/transparency.
* Fixed: Copying from Paint.NET and pasting into Windows Live Writer should now work.
* Fixed: Taking a full-screen screenshot with Print Screen on a multimonitor system, where those monitors don't form a simple rectangle, will now fill the 'gap area' with transparent instead of black. (Example: two monitors of the same size, one of which is rotated by 90 degrees)
* Fixed: If Paint.NET is opened without specifying an image to open, and then the default image is modified and saved, then Paint.NET will no longer close it upon opening another one. This was causing data loss if that default image had layers, and was then saved in a format that did not support layers (anything other than .PDN).
* Fixed: Some systems were showing 'red X' thumbnails for .PDN files in Windows Explorer, instead of the real thumbnail.
* Fixed: The EXIF "Creation Software" saved along with images is no longer localized. This prevents certain languages from seeing "Paint.NET ?? v3.5.6" in the image properties (metadata).
For months, a debate has stewed in Germany about whether Google's Street View service violates privacy by providing images of homes and front yards across the country. More than 244,000 residents requested that their homes be blurred out of the service, which launched on Thursday.
This article, the eighth in a series, explains how a vortex-based fluid simulation handles variable density in a fluid.
This article introduces features to the simulations presented in previous articles: The fluid flow includes motion because of buoyancy-heavier fluid sinks, and lighter fluid rises. These new features facilitate visual effects with effects of variable density or (with additional rendering work) multiple fluids, such liquid-gas mixtures like water and air. It also lays the groundwork for upcoming features like thermal convection (hot air rises) and combustion (generating heat from chemical processes).
GPUPerfAPI is AMD's library for accessing GPU performance counters on ATI Radeon graphics cards. It is used by GPU PerfStudio 2 and the ATI Stream Profiler and is now available to third party developers who wish to incorporate it within their own applications. GPUPerfAPI supports DirectX10, DirectX11, OpenGL, and OpenCL applications.
Version 2.5 (11/17/10)
* Adds Linux support for OpenGL and OpenCL.
* More consistent naming between OpenCL and DX Compute Shader counters.
* Improved methods for identifying existing hardware.
* DirectX 10/11:
o Improved accuracy of DepthAndStencil counters.
o Improved accuracy of ColorBuffer counters.
o New counters: FetchSize, CacheHit, LDSFetchInsts, LDSWriteInsts, FastPath, CompletePath, PathUtilization.
o Fixed an issue that caused counters to not be available if the application is using queries.
o Adds tessellation related counters.