This blog-entry is of interest for you, if you don’t want to read the whole new specifications for OpenCL 1.1
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
In the modern world it is not enough to create a hardware that is supposed to deliver high performance. In order to ensure efficient operation, software should be tailored for hardware and vice-versa. Today we are talking with AMD’ Neal Robison, David Hoff, and Richard Huddy
Medal of Honor ready for another tour of duty
Two days ago, Electronic Arts announced that Medal of Honor is now recruiting players for a massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21 - players will be granted early access to two action-packed maps. EA also announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 VIPs, who have pre-ordered Medal of Honor, will be able to enter the multiplayer beta even earlier; starting June 17. Once you have a beta key, visit this page to redeem it for a code for the platform of your choice - the PC closed beta client is now locally mirrored. Medal of Honor launches on October 12, 2010 in North America and on October 15 across Europe.
Total Commander 7.55 is now available for download. The most important new functions are:
* Use MLSD command for file listings in FTP function (better time resolution, time in UTC)
* Transfer files between two computers over a special USB cable -> supported cables
* Improvements to synchronize dirs function: Compare via plugins and FTP, options to skip hidden files and hard links, SITE UTIME in ftp sync
* Compare by content now shows different and changed lines with a slightly different background color (configurable via wincmd.ini)
* Unpack directory time stamps from archives
* Lister: Increased maximum line length to 1024 characters (Unicode: 512)
* Verify CRC checksums: Also support CRC files in UTF16 Unicode format
* Show Terminal Server and Win7 XP mode drives in drive dropdown list and drive buttonbar
* Ctrl+Shift+B and cm_DirBranchSel shows branch view of only the selected dirs+files
* F5 copy dialog: "Options" dialog extension can be pinned now to remain open
* Show progress dialog box when reading a directory takes longer than 5 seconds
* Create CRC checksums: support subdirectories (recursively), background button
* Handle dir space calculation in background (when user presses SPACE or Alt+Shift+Enter)
* File system plugins: Support background downloads and uploads (requires changes to plugin)
* Various new background operations: Unpack: RAR, TAR, packer plugins (needs modification), Pack: TAR, packer plugins
The most important thing about accurately benchmarking a game comes down to one word: research. It isn’t often that the first level or in-game benchmark will give an accurate representation of GPU performance. Using one of these aforementioned methods could lead a writer to come up with the wrong conclusion if he takes the easy way out. Knowing the game one is testing through actual playing time is essential. There is no way anyone should be basing a conclusion off of games they aren’t totally familiar with because as we have seen, the risk of projecting the wrong information through incorrect benchmarks is very high indeed. Many wrongfully think it is fine to load up a few stand-alone benchmarks, hope the results line up with gameplay and be done with it.
Changes in Version 258.49
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved
since driver version 197.90.
Windows Vista/Windows 7 32-bit Issues
Fixed Single-GPU Issues
AutoCAD, nView Desktop Manager–Display corruption occurs when using the
default display from nView windows tab.
Quadro FX 1400/540 (128‐256 MB): SolidEdge–cursor gets out of sync after opening
and closing several .par files.
Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues
Fixed Single-GPU Issues
Motion Builder–glitches occur during graphics playback.
Stereo PFD is not available in the Lumiscaphe Patchwork3D profile.
Quadro FX 5800: INVALID_ENUMERANT error is returned when calling
glGetIntegerv(GL_COPY_WRITE_BUFFER) or (GL_COPY_READ_BUFFER).
Quadro FX 4800: Avid MediaComposer/Gimp–“Driver not responding” error occurs
when running Gimp or MediaComposer wireframes.
The DirectDraw API has been more or less deprecated for game developers since the release of DirectX 9.0 SDK back in 2002. The last time we shipped samples or documentation on DirectDraw dates back to the DirectX 8.1 SDK. Game developers looking to do 2D rendering should be using Direct3D, or on systems with DirectX 11 the Direct2D API could also be a good choice. The DirectDraw documentation can still be found on MSDN. A few lingering issues, however, has kept the DirectDraw header and import library in the DirectX SDK for many long years...
In the DirectX SDK (June 2010) release, the DDRAW.H and DDRAW.LIB files are no longer there.