« on: August 07, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
Release highlights since 340.24:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce 830A
- GeForce 810M
- Fixed a bug that caused disabled displays to be implicitly included in the target selection for some queries and assignments on the nvidia-settings command line interface, in the absence of any explicit target selection.
- Added a new attribute to the NV-CONTROL API to query the current utilization of the video decode engine.
- Fixed a bug where the Exchange Stereo Eyes setting in nvidia-settings didn't work in certain stereo configurations.
- Worked around a Unigine Heaven 3.0 shader bug which could cause corruption when tessellation is enabled by implementing an application profile that uses the "GLIgnoreGLSLExtReqs" setting. See the documentation for the __GL_IGNORE_GLSL_EXT_REQS environment variable for more details.
- Fixed a memory leak when destroying EGL surfaces.
- Added support for multiple simultaneous EGL displays.
- Removed support for G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs, and motherboard chipsets based on them. Ongoing support for new Linux kernels and X servers, as well as fixes for critical bugs, will be included in 340.* legacy releases through the end of 2019.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to unsuccessfully attempt to delete the directory containing precompiled kernel module interfaces, on packages prepared with --add-this-kernel.
- Updated nvidia-installer to log uninstallation to a separate file from the installation log, and to attempt uninstalling previous driver installations using the installer program from the previous installation, when available.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the internal stereo infrared emitter built into some 3D Vision monitors from working.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some Java-based OpenGL applications using JOGL to crash on startup on systems with Xinerama enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent OpenGL Framebuffer Objects (FBOs) from being properly redrawn after a modeswitch.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred when starting OpenGL applications.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the EDID-Like Data (ELD) of audio-capable displays from being updated when hotplugged/unplugged.
- Fixed a bug that caused Xid errors when using stereo mode 12 (HDMI 3D) on Quadro boards without an onboard stereo DIN connector.
- Fixed a video corruption issue for VDPAU decoding of VC-1 and WMV video streams utilizing range remapping on Maxwell GPUs.
- Fixed a "black window" bug in Ubuntu 14.04 when using the Xinerama and Composite extensions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the screen's contents to be shifted downward when a G-SYNC monitor is unplugged and replaced by a non-G-SYNC monitor.
- Fixed a bug that prevented G-SYNC from working when a G-SYNC monitor was unplugged and plugged back in without a modeset.
- Fixed a bug that could cause framelock status to be incorrectly reported in the nvidia-settings control panel on some multi-GPU framelock configurations.
- Improved the performance of OpenGL applications that request a large number of GPU mappings via the GL_NV_shader_buffer_load extension.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a system crash when killing applications that use NVIDIA GPUs on multiple-GPU systems with IOMMU functionality enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused the NVIDIA kernel module to leak memory for DMA mappings on some configurations.
- Updated nvidia-installer to avoid writing to non-zero offsets of sysctl files in /proc/sys/kernel.