It seems they updated the link:
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Most importantly though the new flagship would not have HBM2 memory. Card is allegedly equipped with 8GB GDDR5X memory, which basically means HBM2 will have to wait for Pascal GP100. Now does it make sense? Technically yes, because mass production of HBM2 modules is not expected to begin sooner than third quarter. FinFET GPU production is probably doing much better than HBM production, so NVIDIA could have taken a safe route that would protect them from any possible issues with HBM production. So rather than wait for new memory chips, NVIDIA is going to use known technology and focus exclusively on new power efficient 16nm FF node.
* Bump API patch number and header version number to 6 for this
* Define 'invocation group' for compute and graphics shaders. Cleanup
definition and use of 'workgroup', and add glossary entries (public
* Various minor editorial fixes (public issue 33).
* Clarify locations for block members in the
section (public issue 45).
* Editorial fixes for <<commandbuffer-allocation,Command Buffer
Allocation>> section (public issues 54, 59).
* Clarify behavior of depth test in the <<fragops-depth,Depth
Test>> section (public issues 80, 81).
* Remove discussion of return codes from
flink:vkGetImageSparseMemoryRequirements, which don't return values
(public issue 82).
* Allow flink:vkCmdDrawIndirect and flink:vkCmdDrawIndexedIndirect
pname:drawCount of 0, as well as 1, when the multiDrawIndirect
feature is not supported (public issue 88).
* Remove confusing wording in the <<features-limits,Limits>>
section describing the slink:VkPhysicalDeviceLimits
pname:minStorageBufferOffsetAlignment members as both minimums and
maximums (public issue 91).
* Clarified that only the RGB components should be affected in places
where sRGB is referred to in the spec, such as ASTC formats. Minor
re-wording to avoid "color space" when actively incorrect, now that
we refer to the Data Format Spec which actually makes a distinction
between color space and transfer function (public issue 94).
* Treat pname:pPropertyCount == 0 consistently in
flink:vkEnumerateDeviceLayerProperties (public issue 99)
* Cleanup minor editorial issues in chapters 14-17 (public issue 100).
* Clarify definition of flink:vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties
and flink:vkEnumerateDeviceExtensionProperties (public issue 101).
* Define the flink:vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties and
parameter to be a pointer to a null-terminated UTF-8 string (public
* Rearrange "Missing information" references in mandatory format
tables (public issue 101).
* Clarify that the enumerated extensions returned by
flink:vkEnumerateDeviceExtensionProperties will only include
extensions provided by the platform or extensions implemented in
implicitly enabled layers (public issue 101).
* Miscellaneous editorial fixes. Include the Vulkan spec patch number
in the PDF title. Fix label on <<fig-non-strict-lines,Non
strict lines>> diagram. Use more easily distinguished symbols in
tables in the <<features-required-format-support,Required
Format Support>> section. Don't require FQDNs used as layer names be
encoded in lower case if not possible, in the
<<extensions-naming-conventions, Extension and Layer Naming
Conventions>> section (public issues 101, 119, 121).
* Fixed excessive spacing in tables in XHTML (internal issue 18).
* Clarify that ename:VK_COMMAND_BUFFER_USAGE_ONE_TIME_SUBMIT_BIT
applies to secondary command buffers. Previously spec only referred
to the members of pname:pCommandBuffers being affected by this bit.
Added a separate slink:VkSubmitInfo Valid Usage restriction
specifying that ename:VK_COMMAND_BUFFER_USAGE_ONE_TIME_SUBMIT_BIT
also applies to any secondary command buffers that are recorded into
the primary command buffers in pname:pCommandBuffers (internal issue
* Clarify that slink:VkDeviceCreateInfo::pname:pEnabledFeatures can be
NULL (internal issue 117).
* Remove "the value of" where it is redundant (e.g. speaking of an API
parameter, struct member, or SPIR-V variable, but not when speaking
of color components) (internal issue 175).
* Forced patch version to always be 0 in the header. Add a
"VK_API_VERSION_<major>_<minor>" macro for people to use to do the
right thing. Add a VK_HEADER_VERSION which captures the header
release number independent of the spec patch number (internal issue
* Correct description of
slink:VkPipelineShaderStageCreateInfo::pname:pName to "a pointer to
a null-terminated UTF-8 string" (internal issue #197).
* Updated DataFormat spec reference to the new date for revision 5 of
* Fixed KEEP option (to retain LaTeX intermediate files) in the
Makefile to be included when edited there, as well as set on the
* Reserve and add "VK_IMG_filter_cubic" to the registry, and implement
script functionality to add and remove validity from existing
functions. Includes schema and readme changes.
* Update GL_KHR_vulkan_glsl so push_constants do not have descriptor
According to SweClockers’ sources NVIDIA might be ready to unveil its new architecture at Computex 2016 (May 31st – June 4th). However if any difficulties are met on new TSMC 16nm FinFET process, this launch could transform to paper launch.
copy webcam code from geexlab_code_sample_pack/host_api/webcam/webcam_win32_spout_test.xml ( the other demos didn't work on my rig for some reason)
* Bump API patch number from 3 to 4 for the first public update to the
spec. Add patch number to the spec title (this will be done
automatically from XML, later).
* Fixes for numerous editorial issues. Regularize descriptions of
variable-length array queries. Properly tag enumerants so they come
out in the right font (many were mislabeled in usage tags in vk.xml,
or not tagged). Spelling and markup corrections (public issue 4).
* Fix typos and clearly separate description of different types of
memory areas (public issue 5).
* Use standards-compliant preprocessor guard symbols on headers
(public issue 7).
* Note that Github users can't currently set labels on issues, and
recommend a fallback approach (public issue 15).
* Use latexmath prefix on len= attributes (public issue 29).
* Make flink:vkCmdUpdateBuffer pname:dataSize limit consistent (public
* Add VK_KHR_mirror_clamp_to_edge extension to core API branch, as an
optional feature not introducing new commands or enums (internal
* Cleanup invariance language inherited from the GL specification to
not refer to nonexistent (GL-specific) state (internal issue 111).
* Modify the flink:vkCmdDrawIndexed pname:vertexOffset definition to
not be the "base offset within the index buffer" but rather the
"value added to the vertex index before indexing into the vertex
buffer" (internal issue 118).
* Fix drawing chapter in the "Programmable Primitive Shading" section
where it described categories of drawing commands. It referenced
flink:vkCmdDrawIndexed twice. Replace the second reference with
flink:vkCmdDrawIndexedIndirect (internal issue 119).
* Typo fixed in <<sparsememory-examples-advanced,Advanced Sparse
Resources>> sparse memory example (internal issue 122).
* Add flink:VkDisplayPlaneAlphaFlagsKHR to <require> section of
VK_KHR_display extension (internal issue 125)
* Add missing optional="false,true" to
pname:pSparseMemoryRequirementCount parameter (internal issue 132)
* Rename ename:VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_DEBUG_REPORT_CREATE_INFO_EXT to
(internal issue 133)
* Fix a handful of broken cross-references in the
<<samplers,Samplers>> chapter (internal issue 134).
* Fix "Input Attachement" GLSL example to use correct syntax (internal
* Update XML schema and documentation to accomodate recently added
attributes for validity. Add some introductory material describing
design choices and pointing to the public repository to file issues.
* Put include of validity in the core spec extensions chapter on its
own line, so that asciidoc is happy.
* Fix vertexOffset language to specify that it's the value added to
the vertex index before indexing into the vertex buffer, not the
base offset within the index buffer.
* Fix error in the description of flink:vkCmdNextSubpass.
Are you still working on it?
A barrier is a new concept exposed to developers which was previously hidden inside the driver. If you think synchronization, you’re not too far off, as this is also part of what a barrier is.The synchronization part is well known for CPUs: you have multiple writer threads updating a buffer, then you synchronize to make sure all writes have finished, and then you can process the data with multiple reader threads. However, that’s not all there is to a GPU barrier (ResourceBarrier and vkCmdPipelineBarrier).
Related to barriers are fences (CreateFence and vkCreateFence), which are required to synchronize the CPU with the GPU as well as different queues on GPUs. A fence is a very heavyweight synchronization primitive as it requires the GPU to flush all caches at least, and potentially some additional synchronization. Due to those costs, fences should be used sparingly. In particular, try to group per-frame resources and track them together with a single fence instead of fine-grained per-resource tracking. For instance, all commands buffers used in one frame should be protected by one fence, instead of one fence per command buffer.
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000001) < > GeeXLab v0.9.6.1 (Feb 22 2016@09:14:00)
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000002) < > Cross Platform Lab for Real Time 3D Programming and Demo Coding
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000003) < > (C)2009-2016 Geeks3D (www.geeks3d.com)
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000004) < > GeeXLab is starting up...
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000005) < > Windows version: Windows 10 build 10586
2016/2/22@09:22:45(0000000006) < > platform: Windows 64-bit
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000082) < > [Vulkan] Vulkan renderer (Windows, Linux)
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000083) < > [Vulkan] Vulkan core library loaded ok.
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000084) < > [Vulkan] # Vulkan devices: 2
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000085) < > [Vulkan] [ GPU 1 ]--------------------------------------
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000086) < > [Vulkan] - GPU name: GTX 750
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000087) < > [Vulkan] - DeviceID: 10DE-1381
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000088) < > [Vulkan] - Raw driver version: 1493811200
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000089) < > [Vulkan] - Vulkan API version: 1.0.3
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000090) < > [Vulkan] - Device type: VK_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000091) < > [Vulkan] [ GPU 2 ]--------------------------------------
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000092) < > [Vulkan] - GPU name: GTX 960
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000093) < > [Vulkan] - DeviceID: 10DE-1401
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000094) < > [Vulkan] - Raw driver version: 1493811200
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000095) < > [Vulkan] - Vulkan API version: 1.0.3
2016/2/22@09:22:49(0000000096) < > [Vulkan] - Device type: VK_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU