« on: September 22, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
- GL_NV_framebuffer_mixed_samples and GL_EXT_raster_multisample - target-independent multisampling control and mixed samples: this feature adds a lot of flexibility to the multi-sampled rasterization, and decouples the rasterization sampling frequency (which can be set explicitly) from the actual framebuffer storage. It enables rasterization to operate at higher sampling frequency than the number of samples in the target color render buffers, and it supports both depth and stencil testing at this frequency, if the corresponding depth and stencil buffers are sampled accordingly (it must be a multiple of the number of samples in the color buffers).
- GL_NV_fragment_coverage_to_color - coverage to color conversion: this allows using ROP to automatically convert the post depth-/stencil-/alpha- test coverage mask into a color and write it into a color render target.
- GL_EXT_post_depth_coverage - post-depth coverage: this extension allows the fragment shader to get the post depth-test coverage mask of the current fragment as input (gl_SampleMaskIn).
- GL_NV_sample_mask_override_coverage - multisample coverage override: the standard GL behavior for FS output coverage mask (gl_SampleMask) is to AND it with the actual primitive input coverage mask. This extension disables this operation.
- GL_NV_sample_locations - programmable sample locations: Allows applications to explicitly set the location of sub-pixel samples for multisample rasterization, providing fully programmable sampling patterns.
- GL_NV_conservative_raster - conservative rasterization: It allows rasterization to generate fragments for any pixel touched by a triangle, even if no sample location is covered on the pixel.
- GL_NV_fragment_shader_interlock - fragment shader interlock: This extension exposes an hardware-accelerate critical section for the fragment shader, allowing hazard-free read-modify-write operations on a per-pixel basis.
- GL_NV_fill_rectangle: screen-space bounding-box rasterization: this allows rasterizing the axis-aligned screen-space bounding box of submitted triangles, disregarding the actual triangle edges.
- GL_NV_geometry_shader_passthrough - geometry shader passthrough: this extension allows to write more efficient geometry shaders in the case there is a one-to-one mapping between input and output primitives.
- GL_EXT_sparse_texture2: Enhanced sparse textures: this new extension adds the ability to retrieve texture access residency information from GLSL, to specify minimum allocated LOD to texture fetches and to return a constant zero value for lookups into unallocated pages.
- GL_EXT_texture_filter_minmax - texture Filter min/max: exposes a new sampler parameter allowing to perform a min or max reduction operation on the values sampled inside a texture filtering footprint.
- GL_NV_shader_atomic_fp16_vector - FP16 global atomics: This extension provides a set of new atomic operations operating on 2 and 4 components vectors of 16b floating point values for images, bindless pointers to global memory and storage buffers.
Complete story: http://blog.icare3d.org/2014/09/maxwell-gm204-opengl-extensions.html
New extensions available with R344.11