Qt 5.5 brings you more solutions for even faster development workflows, a more powerful UI creation offering for keeping pace with market demands in multimedia and 3D user experiences, preliminary support for upcoming Windows 10 development, and more for connectivity. Plus, of course, improvements across the whole Qt framework.
New Features in Qt 5.5
- Improvements and enhancements to all major Qt modules, on all platforms
- All Windows builds are now automatically dynamic regarding OpenGL vs. ANGLE backends, no need to manually configure deployment anymore!
- Qt Bluetooth includes full support for Bluetooth Low Energy and is supported on Linux, Embedded Linux, Android, iOS
- Qt Canvas 3D module fully supported
- Qt 3D 2.0 introduced as technology preview
- Qt Location technology preview lets you integrate maps, geocoding, routing and places into your application. The included mapping backends are: Nokia HERE, OpenStreetMap and MapBox
- Qt Multimedia has support for GStreamer 1.0 enhancing the multimedia capabilities on Linux based systems. Also integration of video/camera to Qt Quick graphics is now easy.
- Qt WebEngine has been updated to Chromium version 40 and the public APIs have been extended, for instance with full integration to Qt WebChannelQt WebEngine has been updated to Chromium version 40 and the public APIs have been extended, for instance with full integration to Qt WebChannel
- TreeView control included in Qt Quick Controls
- Former “Qt Quick Enterprise Controls”, including different industrial gauges, dials and other controls, are now migrated into Qt Quick Controls and are also available for Qt Open Source users
- Full and official support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6
- Qt Creator 3.4
- Deprecating Qt WebKit, Qt Script and Qt Quick 1 modules.
New 3D modules:
- Qt 3D
- The Qt 3D module is now included as a technology preview.
- C++ and QML APIs for easy inclusion of 3D graphics into your Qt applications.
- Supports OpenGL 2, 3, 4 and OpenGL ES 2 and ES 3.
- Data-driven renderer configuration.
- Extensible beyond 3D graphics. Provides a full Entity Component System framework.
- Supported platforms: Windows (not RT), OS X, Linux xcb, Android, Embedded Linux with ES 2(QNX & iOS coming)
- Qt Canvas 3D