Oh my Code! Goo Engine goes open source!
So, what is the Goo Engine?
The Goo Engine is the core of Goo Create. Our editor Goo Create would not work without it, but the engine can function on its own if you’re ready to do a little coding. When scripting inside of Goo Create you are also using the Goo Engine.
- Beautiful Graphics: blazing fast rendering pipeline, built on top of open web standards.
- Animation: support for animations and geometry from major 3D graphics tools (e.g. FBX, .OBJ, etc) via our own file format converter.
- Audio: 2D and 3D sound system.
- Physics: High performance physics in every browser.
- Entity-Component system: A simple, composable and extensible pattern, often used for game engines.
- State Machine: Create interactivity in a really simple way.
- Advanced Timeline System: Animate entity properties over time.
- …and much more!