Author Topic: Recommended settings for Furmark testing?  (Read 288 times)

pjc123

• View Profile
Recommended settings for Furmark testing?
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »
I have a cheapo HP stock laptop that I am using just while traveling, and whenever I activate hardware acceleration on any of my browsers, the entire display randomly flickers violently (not just the browser).  This started happening a year after buying the laptop.  I checked various things software-wise but could not find anything, so now I want to see if the video circuitry is failing.  I also see on the Internet that if the task manager is also flashing when loaded (which it does), then it is a hardware problem and not a software problem.  I have an extended warranty, so i would like to prove that chip is the problem if indeed it is, before talking to support or I waste my time sending it in for replacement.

So, not sure this is the right program to use, but in any event I don't want to damage the laptop with the test as I really need it at the moment, so what would be the best settings and test to run?  Also, what is a safe maximum gpu temperature(s) at which point I would need to stop the program?

System Specs:
Laptop: HP Stream 11
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 400/405 with 1GB memory.
CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 1.60 GHz
RAM: 2 Gigs

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:17:22 PM by pjc123 »