Science.D.Visions Announces Release 2 (R2) of 3DEqualizer4—Industry-Standard Matchmoving Software
Significant Upgrade to 3DEqualizer4 Features Calculation of Multiple Synchronized Witness Cameras (Mocap), Improved Lineup Controls, Streamlined User Interface, New Generation Scripts and Python Commands Dortmund, GERMANY, August 1st 2012
—Science.D.Visions today announced Release 2 (R2) of its matchmoving software, 3DEqualizer4. Winning an Academy Award® in 2002 for Technical Achievement, 3DEqualizer site licenses are installed in four of the world’s top ten Visual Effects (VFX) production houses, including Double Negative, Cinesite, Weta Digital, and the Moving Picture Company (MPC). 3DEqualizer helps visual effects and post-production artists measure, merge and ‘matchmove’ live action film sequences and plates with virtual 3D environments and effects to create a seamless look and realistic completed scenes. 3DEqualizer 4 R2 is currently in BETA, and is expected to ship in 2013. 3DEqualizer4 R2 Features and Benefits
3DEqualizer4 R2 is currently undergoing an extensive BETA testing cycle, and includes the following new features:
• Updated calculation core—allows an artist to compute a variable amount of synchronized witness cameras for creating precise motion capture data. The calculation core is fully integrated for stereoscopic calculation and for creating multiple object point groups
• Real-time un-distort footage—lens distortion is visualized in real time, directly in the entire 3DE4 user interface, tremendously improving the artist’s productivity
• Updated Lineup Controls—lining up imported geometry to footage has become dramatically faster through new features such as specialized "lineup only point" dragging, hidden line/ back-face culling rendering, and extracting survey data from vertices/lines/faces.
• Streamlined User Interface—new custom focus lens parameters, image controls presets, hide and lock points, automatic key-framing based on tracking deviation, and an ‘equisolid angle’ fisheye lens distortion model.
• Python commands—Python is the backbone that makes 3DE4 the successful application it is today. This new release features over 100 new Python commands for accessing more project data assets for building much more interactive custom user interfaces. In addition, there are more than 30 new or updated scripts including: rolling shutter compensation export, interactive push points tool, project merging, convert to stereo, and full export to Adobes After Effects—and more.
* To review the fully detailed feature list for 3DEqualizer4 R2 please visit: http://www.3dequalizer.com/index.html?site=devblog
"The incredibly powerful and accurate way 3DE4 Release 2 handles animated lens distortion, stereo, anamorphic and zoom lenses combined with its ever improving robust calculation core make it Cinesite's matchmove application of choice,” said Michele Sciolette, Head of VFX Technology, Cinesite, UK. “Artists are able to concentrate on the task at hand without any distractions by virtue of the simple UI in 3DE4, while its Python interface allowed us to customize tools and integrate 3DE into our pipeline, resulting in improved efficiency levels. Support-wise Science.D.Visions have always been there for us, and it is reassuring being able to actually get feedback from the developers themselves when you have a question or request."
Science.D.Visions has been a pioneer of match moving software for over 15 years, with a customer list including: The Moving Picture Company(UK), Weta Digital(Wellington, NZ), Cinesite (London), Scanline VFX (Munich and LA), Sony Pictures Imageworks(LA), Double Negative (London), The Mill (London), Animal Logic (Sydney), Framestore/CFC (London), New Breed Studios, Rodeo FX, and Hybride (Montréal)—and many other studios that rely on 3DEqualizer to make cinematic magic. Product, Pricing, and Upgrade Information
3DEqualizer4 R2 is available now in solid Beta on multiple operating platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. 3DEqualizer4 R2, and is expected to ship in 2013. For purchase, upgrade, or educational licensing information, contact a direct sales manager for an individual consultation and pricing information at: www.3dequalizer.com/index.html?site=contact
PRESS: High-resolutions images for 3DEqualizer4 R2 are available to the media at: www.3dequalizer.com/index.html?site=download&id=090730_01
PhotoBucket Sharing site: http://photobucket.com/3DE4R2PressImages
Recent Films with 3DEqualizer4 Matchmoving work:
Total Recall Men In Black III
Dredd John Carter of Mars
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides X-Men: First Class
The Amazing Spiderman Mirror Mirror: Snow White
The Avengers Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Battle Los Angeles Inception
Battleship Iron Man 2 About Science.D.Visions
Based in Dortmund, Germany, Science.D.Visions is an independent software company, developing technology primarily for the digital media industry. Its focus is to develop and market high-end computer graphics software combining years of production-tested knowledge in the areas of mathematics, physics and computer science. The research and development team at Science.D.Visions is equipped with a brain-trust to create unique, high-quality solutions that maintain essential advantages over all competing technologies on the market.
3D-Equalizer is used by numerous international post-production companies and studios around the world to generate today's most sophisticated special effects for commercials, games and feature films.