Author Topic: RTGU 3d technical demonstration released  (Read 4552 times)

nuninho1980

• NewsPosters

• View Profile
RTGU 3d technical demonstration released
« on: January 15, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
A technical demonstration showing an interactive virtual model of an hotel lobby, is available for download. RTGU is a realtime 3d rendering pipeline - composed of a set of tools, ranging from 3d content export/conversion to realtime 3d rendering using OpenGL. The model is completely designed using 3dsMax and V-Ray, then exported and lit using RTGU tools, and rendered using OpenGL 3.x features : rendering uses FBO to do HDR rendering in RGBA16F textures ; tone mapping relies on ARB_texture_multisample extension to resolve MSAA ; linear rendering is achieived by using sRGB textures and framebuffers ; lighting is stored in HDR textures (2D/3D) as lightmaps and spherical harmonics.
Enter site RTGU 3d and click download. :)

But I don't like this demo because the solar shadows are fixed. And its aren't realistics due to without PCSS (Percentage-Closer Soft Shadows).

P.S.
The author has a topic at Ozone3D (in french).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:45:56 PM by nuninho1980 »

rotoglup

• View Profile
Re: RTGU 3d technical demonstration released
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »
But I don't like this demo because the solar shadows are fixed. And its aren't realistics due to without PCSS (Percentage-Closer Soft Shadows).

Thanks for your feedback, it's true that the demo does not feature soft shadows at all !

Maybe next time ! Can I ask you if there's a spot in particular that makes you miss the soft shadows ?

Also the solar lighting is not dynamic as we wanted to try to get close to original VRay renderings. We used our offline GI renderer to precompute the lighting, we probably could have some approximation in realtime, but this was not our aim here.

BTW, you gave the link to the file download, I'd like to add a link to the 'download' page', as it features some screenshots and a comparative video between the realtime result and the reference VRay rendering, for those interested : http://www.rtgu3d.com/index.php?x=4

nuninho1980

• NewsPosters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, it's true that the demo does not feature soft shadows at all !

Maybe next time ! Can I ask you if there's a spot in particular that makes you miss the soft shadows ?

Also the solar lighting is not dynamic as we wanted to try to get close to original VRay renderings. We used our offline GI renderer to precompute the lighting, we probably could have some approximation in realtime, but this was not our aim here.

BTW, you gave the link to the file download, I'd like to add a link to the 'download' page', as it features some screenshots and a comparative video between the realtime result and the reference VRay rendering, for those interested : http://www.rtgu3d.com/index.php?x=4
No, I got soft shadows non-realistics :) due to without PCSS. You don't need ray-traced nor pathtraced for real-time. I want to enable PCSS and to interactive (=not fix) solar shadows because I got 695fps (GTX 480 - 266.58whql-HQ :D) at 1024x768 windowed, camera and setting default on sample "PCSS" - DirectX 10 (nVidia SDK 10.5) ;)

rqtect

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:47:23 PM »
Does it only work with V-ray
it is way cool is the beta out?

nuninho1980

• NewsPosters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »
I edited from hyperlink - "Download Hotel Lobby Demo (345MB)" to "Enter site RTGU 3d and click download" on 1st post because I tried click but I got "Internal server error. Please contact system administrator." Sorry. ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:13:48 PM by nuninho1980 »

rotoglup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:19:38 AM »
Does it only work with V-ray
it is way cool is the beta out?

Thanks !
RTGU works well with V-Ray but also works fine with 'pure' 3dsmax and other modeling packages.
Regarding a 'beta', RTGU is a set of technologies and tools that are currently only used internally to create 'on-demand' solutions on a per-project basis. There is currently no authoring tool available for general use, sorry.

Stefan

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
Just wanted to try the demo but i get the message "R3060"

MS has an article about that issue:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9ecfyw6c%28VS.80%29.aspx