FiringSquad takes a look at PhysX
performance with GeForce 8/9/GTX200
based graphics cards by testing several games that support PhysX (Unreal Tournament, Warmonger, NKZ, Nurien). The first conclusion is that PhysX is really accelerated on GeForce
and the difference between CPU PhysX and GPU PhysX is notable:
To do the tests, FiringSquad has used a modified version of NVIDIA Forceware 177.79
. But no indication is given about the modifications on that driver.
They also used the NVIDIA PhysX driver 8.07.18
SLI PhysX performance is also analyzed but for SLI brings so much power that the tests are CPU-bound. Anyway, SLI PhysX rocks!
Read the complete article here: PhysX Performance with GeForce
More news about PhysX: PhysX News at Geeks3D.
NVIDIA has just updated their PhysX driver to version 8.07.18. The new driver supports PhysX on GT200/G92/G96.
You can download it here:
You can check the version of PhysX driver with GPU Caps Viewer:
This new version of PhysX driver allows to select the No Acceleration to disable all PhysX hardware (Ageia or GeForce):
More news about PhysX: PhysX News at Geeks3D
After demonstrating beta drivers featuring GPU-accelerated physics on 3DMark Vantage and Unreal Tournament III (GeForce GTX and 9800 boards), Nvidia is getting ready to release the official Windows driver.
This driver will support PhysX acceleration on all capable GeForce 8, 9 and GTX cards, while carrying Microsoft’s WHQL certificate. More importantly, the new ForceWare driver is expanding PhysX support to all currently available PhysX titles on the market, including Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter, Warmonger and Cell Factor: Revolution.
Read more: HERE
The latest NVIDIA PhysX System Software is now available for download. This new version adds support for NVIDIA PhysX on GeForce 9800 GTX, GeForce GTX 280, and GeForce GTX 260 GPUs, including SLI configurations. The new system software is now also automatically included in the NVIDIA GeForce driver package as of version 177.39.
You can download NVIDIA PhysX 8.06.12 HERE.
- Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX on GeForce 9800 GTX, GeForce GTX 280, and GeForce GTX 260 GPUs, including SLI configurations.
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration today by downloading the Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX Mod Pack.
- Supports AGEIA PhysX processors and software runtimes (no change to PPU support).
- Supports the following PhysX runtime engines: 2.8.1, 2.8.0, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7.0, 2.6.4, 2.6.3, 2.6.2, 2.6.1, 2.6.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.0, 2.4.4, 2.4.1, 2.4.0, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1
- Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.
- Developers: PhysX SDK 2.7.3 is required GeForce PhysX acceleration via CUDA 2.0.