Aaahh at last, a new version of Fraps is available. Fraps is a Windows application that makes it possible to benchmark and screen-capture (image or video) Direct3D or OpenGL applications.
You can download Fraps here: Fraps 2.9.5
Fraps 2.9.5 Changelog:
- Added Stereo & Multichannel recording options for Direct Stream audio in Vista
- Added support for many DDRAW games running in windowed mode
- Added support for games that use multiple swapchains in D3D9
- Added large size icon for Vista
- Fixed slow video capture speeds recording many older DDRAW games
- Fixed capture crash for DDRAW games in XP SP3
- Fixed misaligned audio with Vista Direct Stream when sound was silent
- Fixed 64-bit OpenGL apps not being detected
- Fixed long delay starting video capture on some Vista configurations
- Fixed crash in Fraps if video capture key pressed quickly in succession
- Fixed Fraps exit dialog appearing at random intervals
- Fixed “This program might not have installed correctly” error in Vista
- Fixed corrupted volume slider in Vista when Fraps loaded
- Fixed scrambled colors when recording in 8-bit and 16-bit from some older games
- Fixed crash loading levels in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package. K-3D uses OpenGL for graphics hardware acceleration.
Blender 2.47 has been released and is essentially a bugfix release. Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems.
You can download Blender here: Get Blender 2.47
GLC_Player is an open source software used to view 3d models (OBJ, 3DS) and to navigate easily in these models.
World Machine 2 is a complete terrain generation solution for artists, game developers, visual effects studios and other visualization professionals.
Download the Basic Edition (free) HERE.
trueSpace 7.6 is now available for free. trueSpace7.6 is a fully-featured 3D authoring package that will let you model, texture, light, animate and render 3D content. As well as traditional images and movies, you can also make 3D content for online shared spaces, and for Virtual Earth.
Read more HERE.
Thanks to shadow
for the news.
faogen is a fast ambient occlusion generator. Use your video card GPU to compute ambient occlusion really fast. Support both texture and per-vertex calculation. Input scene can loaded from Wavefront OBJ or LightWave 3D object (*.LWO) files (future versions will allow to use more file formats).
Faogen itself uses hardware shadow mapping, floating-point render targets and OpenGL Shading Language to compute ambient occlusion data. This process is much faster than any CPU-based approach.
Try the version 2.0 HERE.
Moi (Moment of Inspiration) version 2.0 beta, a new 3D modeling software for designers and CG artists has been released. MoI’s sleek intuitive UI blends a fluid easy workflow with powerful tools, making it the perfect choice for someone who has been frustrated with the complexity of existing tools. MoI is also a fantastic complementary 3d tool for a polygon-based artist since its CAD toolset and advanced boolean functions enable extremely rapid creation of mechanical or man-made type hard surface 3d models. The icing on the cake is MoI’s unique polygon mesh export that generates exceptionally clean and crisp N-Gon polygon meshes from NURBS 3d models.
MoI homepage: http://moi3d.com
FX Composer 2.5, the latest version of NVIDIA’s powerful shader development environment, has been released.
FX Composer supports DirectX, OpenGL, HLSL, Collada FX, and CgFX, as well as the .fbx, .x, .3ds, .obj, and .dae file formats for importing geometry.
Version 2.5 adds:
* DirectX 10 support, including geometry shaders and stream out
* Particle Systems
* Visual Styles
* Major User Interface Improvements
* Remote Control over TCP/IP
* Support for the NVIDIA Shader Debugger
* New Sample Projects
You can download FXC HERE – exe (221Mb).
NVIDIA PerfHUD is a powerful real-time performance analysis tool for Direct3D applications, and it is widely used by the world’s best game developers.
More info at NVIDIA PerfHUD homepage
PerfKit 6.0 New Feature Highlights:
* No longer requires an instrumented driver on Vista!
* Supports GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs
* SLI Support
* Texture Visualization and Overrides
* API Call List
* Dependency View
* New CPU/GPU Timing graph
LinceoVR is an innovative OpenGL real-time rendering engine with stereoscopic visualization, which uses state-of-the-art lighting techniques to generate and display – in real time – exceptionally realistic images in computer graphics, thanks the HDRI and OPENEXR lighting, to the dynamic management of shadows using Hard and Soft Percentage Closer Shadows algorithms and a new and innovative approach to global lighting, Natural Lighting, which offers even more realistic shadow rendering.
LinceoVR homepage: english.seac02.it/prodotti/linceo.aspx.
The Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX — the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on the PC.
Download DirectX End-User Redistributable HERE.
ShaderMap CL is a free command-line tool for converting textures and photos to normal maps, height maps, specular, and dudv maps. It is useful to convert large sets of textures using Windows batch scripts. ShaderMap CL is free for non-commercial use. A commercial version is available for $19.95 and includes a graphical user interface and version updates.
Here is an app that makes it possible to create your virtual double from two pictures and make it running into real environments.
More information HERE.
Voici une application qui permet de créer son double virtuel a partir de 2 photos et de faire courir son double virtuel dans des décors réels.
Plus d’information ICI.
GLC_Player 1.5.0 : an Open Source software used to view 3d models (OBJ Format) and to navigate easily in these models.
New Features :
* Add Mac OS X 10.5 version.
* Better .obj and .mtl file support.
* Transparency Support.
* If a obj file contains several objects, a mesh is create for each object.
* Possibility to save opened models in an Album.
* 2 sided lighting support.
* Display and edit camera properties.
* Display selected mesh properties.
* Add the possibility to hide an object.
* Reframe on selection with double click.
* Adapt moving motion speed according to current fps.
* Possibility to modify scene lighting.
NVIDIA is finally joining the Folding@Home community. This is a great news for NVIDIA GPU users and fans of the Folding@Home project.
[English]Blender 2.46 is available. You can download it HERE.[/English]
[French]Blender 2.46 est disponible. Vous pouvez le télécharger ICI.[/French]
LightWave v9.3.1 Trial Edition is now available. The LightWave® v9 Trial Edition is designed to provide everyone interested in 3D software and LightWave in particular an opportunity to fully experience the latest version of NewTek’s Emmy award-winning 3D application.
Info and download HERE.
Blender 2.46 RC5 beta is available. You can download it HERE.
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under GPL.
Platinum Arts Sandbox Beta 2.1 has been released! For those who don’t know, it is a game design tool that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use. In addition it now features cart mode where players can create their own race courses and drive on it with an ogre riding his hovercart! Also, it now features updated particle menus where players can easily create their own particle effects. Platinum arts Sandbox is a great world/level creation tool for all levels of developers and ages!