||S3FotoPro is a GPGPU (General Purpose GPU) acccelerated utility for image processing. S3FotoPro requires Windows XP SP2/3 or Vista SP1 and a Chrome-based S3 graphics card. Geeks3D has such a graphics card (a S3 Chrome 430 GT) so let’s play a little bit with this software.|
The new release of FRAPS is out. For those that live in a cavern, FRAPS is a Windows application that makes it possible to benchmark and screen-capture (image or video) Direct3D or OpenGL applications. FRAPS is used in many graphics cards reviews.
Fraps 2.9.6 is available here: Fraps DOWNLOAD.
- Fixed games such as Stalker not being detected in 2.9.5
- Fixed video capture corruption in FSX on multi monitor setups
- Fixed codec crashes in large projects
- Fixed Fraps not starting with Windows when running on battery power
- Fixed Fraps closing when switching to battery power
- Fixed OpenGL video capture not recording correct viewport in some applications
- Fixed sound sync when recording started while rendering paused
The new version of DX Studio is available. DX Studio is a complete integrated development environment for creating interactive 3D graphics. The system comprises of both a real-time 3D engine and a suite of editing tools, and is the first product to offer a complete range of tools in a single IDE.
TimeCube is an OpenGL demo that renders a small rotating cube, displaying the current date and time, directly on your desktop. Common effects are used: specular highlights (trop fort les gars!!!!), realtime bump mapping (le truc qui tue!!!) and cube map reflections (là ça explose tout!).
You can grab this software gadget here: TimeCube Demo.
The demo does not eat cpu cycles so you can leave it runing somewhere in your desktop….
ShaderMap is a small tool to convert photographic textures to height, ambient occlusion, normal, dudv, and specular maps. The free version is in command line and makes it a powerful tool to convert large amount of maps!
Okay guys, no more to tell, I’ve tried and it works well. The following images show the color map that has been used to produce the normal and ambient occlusion maps. I think this tool can be useful for your real time demos you code with GeeXLab.
Aaahh at last, a new version of Fraps is available. Fraps is a Windows application that makes it possible to benchmark and screen-capture (image or video) Direct3D or OpenGL applications.
You can download Fraps here: Fraps 2.9.5
Fraps 2.9.5 Changelog:
- Added Stereo & Multichannel recording options for Direct Stream audio in Vista
- Added support for many DDRAW games running in windowed mode
- Added support for games that use multiple swapchains in D3D9
- Added large size icon for Vista
- Fixed slow video capture speeds recording many older DDRAW games
- Fixed capture crash for DDRAW games in XP SP3
- Fixed misaligned audio with Vista Direct Stream when sound was silent
- Fixed 64-bit OpenGL apps not being detected
- Fixed long delay starting video capture on some Vista configurations
- Fixed crash in Fraps if video capture key pressed quickly in succession
- Fixed Fraps exit dialog appearing at random intervals
- Fixed “This program might not have installed correctly” error in Vista
- Fixed corrupted volume slider in Vista when Fraps loaded
- Fixed scrambled colors when recording in 8-bit and 16-bit from some older games
- Fixed crash loading levels in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory