NVIDIA has released a new graphics driver for all GeForce graphics cards. The GeForce 442.19 brings the following new features:
Game Ready for Zombie Army: Dead War 4
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Zombie Army: Dead War 4. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Apex Legends Season 4 and Metro Exodus: Sam’s Story
Max Frame Rate and VRSS Feature Improvements
In our previous driver, we introduced two new NVIDIA Control Panel features: Max Frame Rate, for optimizing performance and power use, and Variable Rate Supersampling (VRSS), a VR game image quality enhancement.
In our new driver, we are enhancing their functionality based on your feedback. For Max Frame Rate, the FPS range is now 20 to 1000 FPS, and for VRSS, you can now also enable the feature on the Global tab, automatically activating it in all supported games.
Fixed Issues in this Release
– [The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine]: The game may crash when a user reaches a specific cut scene. 
– [Maxwell GPUs][OpenCL]: SETI@Home shows driver TDR occuring on Maxwell GPUs using OpenCL. 
– [Call of Duty Modern Warfare]: Streaming of gameplay using OBS will randomly stop. 
– [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. 
– [SLI+G-SYNC Stutter]: User may experience minor stuttering when using NVIDIA SLI in combination with G-SYNC. 
– [Doom (2016)]: The game crashes when launched on GeForce 600/700 series (Kepler) GPUs 
– [NVENC]: Memory leak occurs. 
– [Multiple Apps][SLI][G-SYNC]: Stuttering and drop in frame rate occurs during gameplay with SLI and G-SYNC enabled [20056667
More information about this driver can be found HERE.
GeForce 442.19 Downloads
- win10 64-bit (desktop+notebook) @ Geeks3D
- win7/8 64-bit (desktop) @ Geeks3D
- 442.19 win10 64-bit @ NVIDIA
- 442.19 win7/8 64-bit @ NVIDIA
GeForce 442.19 exposes OpenGL 4.6 and 429 extensions for a GeForce RTX 2070 on Windows 10 (v1909). It’s the same OpenGL support than in 440.97.
- GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation - GL_RENDERER: GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2 - GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 442.19 - GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 NVIDIA - OpenGL Extensions: 429 extensions (GL=397 and WGL=32)
Quick Vulkan report (from upcoming GPU Shark 2…)
- Device 1 - name: GeForce RTX 2070 - device type: VK_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU - device ID: 10DE-1F02 - API version: 1.1.119 - driver version (raw): 1854193664 - driver version (nv): 442.19 - VK_KHR_driver_properties information: - driver properties (VK_KHR_driver_properties): -> driver name: NVIDIA -> driver ID: VK_DRIVER_ID_NVIDIA_PROPRIETARY_KHR (4) -> driver conformance version: 126.96.36.199: -> driver info: 442.19 - # of extensions => 106