To celebrate the Pi day (3/14/2018), the Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, a refresh version of the previous Raspberry Pi 3 board launched two years ago.
Main features of the RPi 3 B+:
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837B0
- CPU: 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8) @ 1.4GHz
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (LAN7515 chip)
- Improved thermal management
The ARM Cortex A53 will run at 1.4GHz as long as the temperature is under 70°C. As soon as the chip temperature exceeds 70°C, the clock speed drops to 1.2GHz.
Some features of the previous RPi 3 B are still the same: 4 X USB 2.0 ports, 1GB RAM and VideoCore IV GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0). USB 3.0, 2GB RAM and OpenGL ES 3.1 would have been perfect (you can have these features on the Tinker Board)…
The price is still the same: USD $35!
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ homepage
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ on sale now at $35
- Raspberry Pi 3B+: meet the new member of the family