I finally decided to take some time to browse and test the latest Shadertoy demos (Firefox/Chrome users on Windows: don’t forget to disable Angle and set the native WebGL support to browse Shadertoy website – more information on the procedure can be found HERE). Hundred and hundred of demos have been created on Shadertoy since MadShaders 0.3.0 and after few hours of browsing, I selected 35 effects for the new version of MadShaders.
MadShaders 0.4.1 Windows 64-bit
MadShaders 0.4.1 OS X (10.8, 10.9, 10.10)
MadShaders 0.4.1 Linux 64-bit
- Windows: Unzip the archive and launch Madshaders.exe.
- OS X: Unzip the archive and launch Madshaders.app.
- Linux: Unzip the archive and launch madshaders.py (the file has the executable rights). Depending on the state of your distro, you might need to install the python-tk package: $ sudo apt-get install python-tk
User interface on Windows
0.4.0 0.4.1 is based on the latest version of GLSL Hacker ( 0.8.1.x 0.8.4.x) and adds the following new demos:
Here are some screenshots of these incredible pixel shaders (note for those that are discovering these demos: all effects you see are purely procedural and each effect is coded in a pixel shader only!):
The popular shader
The source code of each demo is available in the demos/ folder of MadShaders root directory.
Version 0.4.1 - 2015-05-05
+ updated the batch file (run_all_demos_1080p.bat - Windows version) to
launch all demos in 1920x1080 mode (thanks to Drest)
+ added Cosmos: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ltl3WS
+ added Seascape: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Ms2SD1
! updated insect_gl2.xml demo with correct textures.
* fixed a bug in main_sequence_star_gl2.xml (invalid params to the pow()
! updated with GLSL Hacker 0.8.4.0.
Version 0.4.0 - 2015-02-18
- added Neptune racing: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtX3Rr
- added Oblivion: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtX3DH
- added Plasma Globe: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XsjXRm
- added On/Off Spikes: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XsBSRV
- added Cellular: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xs2GDd
- added Another sun: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XlXGRj
- added Ocean rescue: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XlX3RB
- added Pangram: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdXGRB
- added Repelling: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdjXWK
- added Tentacle thing: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdBSzG
- added Tissue: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdBSzd
- added The popular shader: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdB3Dw
- added Hexagons: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xd2GR3
- added Voronoi - rocks: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MsXGzM
- added MetaHexaBalls: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mss3WN
- added Ether: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MsjSW3
- added Energy decelerator: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mll3Rn
- added Voxel Pac-Man: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MlfGR4
- added Bridge: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mds3z2
- added Torus journey: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdlGzn
- added Jack-o-lantern: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdBXR3
- added bacterium: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdBSDt
- added cubic entanglement: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lts3Wn
- added tokyo: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xtf3zn
- added tiles: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lsX3zM
- added Antialiased Worms: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/llXGR4
- added venus: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/llsGWM
- added wet stone: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldSSzV
- added mobius balls: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldl3zr
- added Bokeh blur: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldf3RN
- added Queasy checkerboard: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldBXz3
- added xyptonjtroz: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4ts3z2
- added monster: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sX3R2
- added digital brain: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sl3Dr
- added remnant x: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sjSW1
- fixed a #ifdef bug in demo demo_6254_0_gl2.xml.