I finally decided to take some time to browse and test the latest Shadertoy demos (Firefox/Chrome users on Windows: don’t forget to disable Angle and set the native WebGL support to browse Shadertoy website – more information on the procedure can be found HERE). Hundred and hundred of demos have been created on Shadertoy since MadShaders 0.3.0 and after few hours of browsing, I selected 35 effects for the new version of MadShaders.
MadShaders 0.4.1 Windows 64-bit
MadShaders 0.4.1 OS X (10.8, 10.9, 10.10)
MadShaders 0.4.1 Linux 64-bit
- Windows: Unzip the archive and launch Madshaders.exe.
- OS X: Unzip the archive and launch Madshaders.app.
- Linux: Unzip the archive and launch madshaders.py (the file has the executable rights). Depending on the state of your distro, you might need to install the python-tk package: $ sudo apt-get install python-tk
User interface on Windows
0.4.0 0.4.1 is based on the latest version of GLSL Hacker ( 0.8.1.x 0.8.4.x) and adds the following new demos:
Here are some screenshots of these incredible pixel shaders (note for those that are discovering these demos: all effects you see are purely procedural and each effect is coded in a pixel shader only!):
The popular shader
The source code of each demo is available in the demos/ folder of MadShaders root directory.
Version 0.4.1 - 2015-05-05
+ updated the batch file (run_all_demos_1080p.bat - Windows version) to
launch all demos in 1920x1080 mode (thanks to Drest)
+ added Cosmos: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ltl3WS
+ added Seascape: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Ms2SD1
! updated insect_gl2.xml demo with correct textures.
* fixed a bug in main_sequence_star_gl2.xml (invalid params to the pow()
! updated with GLSL Hacker 0.8.4.0.
Version 0.4.0 - 2015-02-18
- added Neptune racing: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtX3Rr
- added Oblivion: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtX3DH
- added Plasma Globe: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XsjXRm
- added On/Off Spikes: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XsBSRV
- added Cellular: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xs2GDd
- added Another sun: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XlXGRj
- added Ocean rescue: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XlX3RB
- added Pangram: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdXGRB
- added Repelling: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdjXWK
- added Tentacle thing: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdBSzG
- added Tissue: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdBSzd
- added The popular shader: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XdB3Dw
- added Hexagons: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xd2GR3
- added Voronoi - rocks: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MsXGzM
- added MetaHexaBalls: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mss3WN
- added Ether: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MsjSW3
- added Energy decelerator: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mll3Rn
- added Voxel Pac-Man: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MlfGR4
- added Bridge: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Mds3z2
- added Torus journey: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdlGzn
- added Jack-o-lantern: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdBXR3
- added bacterium: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdBSDt
- added cubic entanglement: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lts3Wn
- added tokyo: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/Xtf3zn
- added tiles: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lsX3zM
- added Antialiased Worms: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/llXGR4
- added venus: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/llsGWM
- added wet stone: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldSSzV
- added mobius balls: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldl3zr
- added Bokeh blur: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldf3RN
- added Queasy checkerboard: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ldBXz3
- added xyptonjtroz: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4ts3z2
- added monster: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sX3R2
- added digital brain: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sl3Dr
- added remnant x: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sjSW1
- fixed a #ifdef bug in demo demo_6254_0_gl2.xml.
7 thoughts on “MadShaders 0.4.0 Released for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (*** Updated: v0.4.1***)”
Everything looks good on Intel HD 4600 – Win 8.1 x64 – Drivers v.4080, with one exception.
It seems that you didn’t fix a bug in “Dolphin” demo.
Take a look here for details:
thanks for people not having a 64 bits machine
Any start commands aviable for Windows user?
Would like to use MadShaders as Screensaver!
Ahh, found the right way in the test.bat + fullscreen parameter:
GLSLHacker.exe /width=1920 /height=1200 /fullscreen=1 /demofile=”demos/***.xml”
Is there a parameter for hiding the stats top left?
@nojoe: you can disable the stats with /disable_osi command line option.
Any chance of getting it to work on OSX 10.11?
No display output from any of the demos.
Would it be difficult to support the Metal API?
Comments are closed.