Intel has released a new set of graphics drivers for its GPUs (Iris graphics, Iris Pro graphics and HD graphics). Here are the new features of v10.18.10.3621:
- Intel Graphics Control Panel has now been updated with below improvements
- Improved responsiveness and faster launch
- A new tile – ‘profiles’ has been introduced in the Graphics control panel to allow users to save/share/import
- Intel graphics control panel now offers an option to allow user to disable driver reporting Multi-Sample Antialiasing (MSAA) capabilities to applications. Some applications automatically enable MSAA, if the driver reports support for it. Enabling MSAA makes the workload more intensive, it can impact the frame rate/smoothness of animation for certain applications. In such cases, this option provides the user the ability to disable MSAA. The option appears in the 3D tile
of Graphics control panel, under Anti-aliasing sub section.
- Optimizations in the driver binary size for DirectX* user mode driver DLL files. This implies a smaller disk footprint for the graphics driver.
- This driver enhances support for 4k2k (or Ultra Hi Definition) panels by adding the capability of an overlay plane (generally used for video playback) to be utilized for 4k2k panels.
- HEVC decode now supported by the driver and video players can now take advantage of the GPU accelerated decode support offered by Intel
You can download this set of drivers from these links:
Intel v3621 is an OpenGL 4.2 (GL_VERSION = 4.2.0 – Build 10.18.10.3621) driver and exposes 191 OpenGL extensions (GL=172 and WGL=19). Compared to v3496, v3621 adds one OpenGL extension:
In the computing side, OpenCL 1.2 is supported for both the CPU and the GPU. Here is an extract of the GPU Caps Viewer report:
- CL_DEVICE_NAME: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz - CL_DRIVER_VERSION: 220.127.116.1178 - CL_DEVICE_PROFILE: FULL_PROFILE - CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 (Build 76413) - CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CPU - CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS: 4 - CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY: 3400MHz - CL_DEVICE_NAME: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 - CL_DRIVER_VERSION: 10.18.10.3621 - CL_DEVICE_PROFILE: FULL_PROFILE - CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 - CL_DEVICE_TYPE: GPU - CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS: 20 - CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY: 1250MHz
The complete report including OpenGL and OpenCL data can be found in THIS ENTRY of the GPU database.