Agner Fog has updated his software optimization guides
. These guides are for advanced programmers and software developers who want to make their C++ code faster
. There are five guides for around 600 pages
- 1. Optimizing software in C++: An optimization guide for Windows, Linux and Mac platforms (167-page PDF)
- 2. Optimizing subroutines in assembly language: An optimization guide for x86 platforms (164-page PDF)
- 3. The microarchitecture of Intel, AMD and VIA CPUs: An optimization guide for assembly programmers and compiler makers (198-page PDF)
- 4. Instruction tables: Lists of instruction latencies, throughputs and micro-operation breakdowns for Intel, AMD and VIA CPUs (241-page PDF)
- 5. Calling conventions for different C++ compilers and operating systems (56-page PF)
Agner’s code optimization page can be found HERE.
Really instructive reading!