Dolphin Emulator: Graphics Drivers Hall of Shame
Here is an interesting article about the development of Dolphin, an open-source Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Triforce emulator for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. During the development of Dolphin, the developers have faced many bugs caused by the quality of the graphics drivers in their OpenGL renderer that needed to be OpenGL ES 3.0
Here is the ranking of graphics drivers from the best to the worst:
- Rank #1 – NVIDIA GeForce drivers (all platforms): excellent
- Rank #2 – Open source Mesa drivers (Linux): good
- Rank #3 – Intel HD Graphics drivers (Windows): good
- Rank #4 – AMD Catalyst / FGLRX drivers: mediocre!
- Rank #5 – ARM/Mali platform (OpenGL ES): bad!!!
- Rank #6 – Qualcomm/Adreno: horrible!!!!
You can read the complete article with details about each graphics driver HERE.
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]