NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Launched
One week after the launch of the GTX 780, NVIDIA launches today a new GTX 700, the GeForce GTX 770. Even if the GTX 770 name is not too far from GTX 780, the GPU behind this new board is not based on the GK110 but is a refresh of the GK104, the same one that powers the GTX 680. Then the GTX 770 is the 2013 version of the GTX 680. Compared to GTX 680, the GPU core and GPU memory are clocked at higher speeds, and GPU Boost 2.0 is supported. The GTX 770 is priced at USD $399.
In terms of performance, the GTX 770 is 15% slower than the GTX 780 and 4% faster than the GTX 680.
In a word, the GTX 770 is a super GTX 680…
GeForce GTX 770 main specifications
- GPU: GK104 @ 1046MHz (base clock) / 1085MHz (boost clock), TSMC 28nm, 3.5 billion transistor
- CUDA cores: 1536
- Stream multiprocessors (SMX): 8 (192 CUDA cores per SMX)
- Texture units: 128 (16 TMUs per SMX)
- Color ROP units: 32 (4 ROPs per SMX)
- Memory: 2GB or 4GB GDDR5 @ 7GHz effective speed (or 1753 MHZ real speed), 256-bit memory bus width
- TDP: 230W
- Power connectors: one 6-pin and one 8-pin
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]