GpuTest 0.3.0: Cross Platform OpenGL Benchmark for Windows, OS X and Linux Released
GpuTest new tests: Piano and Volplosion
1 – GpuTest 0.3.0 Overview
A new version of GpuTest, Geeks3D’s cross platform OpenGL benchmarking utility for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, is available. GpuTest 0.3.0 adds two new 3D demos: PixMark Piano and PixMark Volplosion. Both demos are heavy pixel shader tests:
- PixMark Piano: this test is based on ShaderToy Piano pixel shader by iq. This is a fully procedural raymarched scene. You can find the complete source code and WebGL demo here: shadertoy.com/view/ldl3zN.
- PixMark Volplosion: this test is based on a GLSL Sandbox shader by Simon Green (NVIDIA).
This is a VOLumic exPLOSION shader so you can now understand the name of this test. You can find the source code here: glsl.heroku.com/e#2945.1.
GpuTest 0.3.0 includes five 3D tests:
- FurMark: OpenGL 3.2 GPU burn-in test, works on Windows, OSX and Linux.
- TessMark: OpenGL 4.0 tessellation test, works on Windows, and Linux. OSX does not support OpenGL 4.
- GiMark: OpenGL 3.3 geometry instancing test, works on Windows, OSX and Linux.
- PixMark Piano: OpenGL 3.2 pixel shader test, works on Windows, OSX and Linux.
- PixMark Volplosion: OpenGL 3.2 pixel shader test, works on Windows, OSX and Linux.
GpuTest has an user interface for Windows and OSX:
You can also launch GpuTest from the command line (this is the method for Linux). A batch file
is provided that shows the various command line options.
2 – GpuTest 0.3.0 Downloads
The latest version of GpuTest can be downloaded from this page: GpuTest Downloads
3 – GpuTest 0.3.0 Scores
Here is an overview of the scores you can get with Piano and Volplosion benchmarks. Other scores (FurMark, TessMark and GiMark) can be found HERE.
– PC: Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.0GHz.
– Macbook Pro: with Retina 15-inch, Intel Core i7 @ 2.3GHz, GeForce GT 650M + OSX 10.8.3.
PixMark Piano scores, 1920×1080, fullscreen, no antialiasing
|606 points (10FPS) – MSI GTX 660 Hawk, R314.14 Win7 x64
|556 points (9FPS) – Sapphire HD 6970, Catalyst 13.1 Win7 x64
|166 points (2FPS) – GeForce GT 650M, OSX 10.8, MacBook Pro 15-inch, Retina display
PixMark Volplosion scores, 1920×1080, fullscreen, no antialiasing
|1757 points (29FPS) – Sapphire HD 6970, Catalyst 13.1 Win7 x64
|1363 points (22FPS) – MSI GTX 660 Hawk, R314.14 Win7 x64
|367 points (6FPS) – GeForce GT 650M, OSX 10.8, MacBook Pro 15-inch, Retina display
GpuTest 0.3.0 running on a Macbook Pro Retina with a secondary FullHD monitor