AMD has published the March 2012 edition of its Catalyst graphics driver. The main new feature (feature?) of Catalyst 12.3 WHQL is the full support of all available Radeon HD 7000 (HD 7900, HD 7800 and HD 7700) Series. Alongside this cool feature, there are some bugfixes including one related to FurMark (I didn’t even know…):
- AMD Catalyst Control Center startup issues/ delays have been resolved
- Tom Clancy HAWX: No longer crashes after task switching with MLAA (Morphological Anti-Aliasing) and Anti-Aliasing enabled
- FurMark Benchmark: No longer crashes when launched in High Performance mode.
- Quake 4: No longer display corruption after task switching when run in High Performance mode.
- XPlane: Textures no longer exhibit flicker and corruption.
- Skyrim: No longer displays flickering and texture corruption.
- Alan Wake: A system crash is no longer experienced when running the game in DirectX 9 mode with Crossfire enabled
- Far Cry 2: A random system hang is no longer experienced when running the game at high in game setting
The crash fixed in FurMark is not specific to FurMark: according the release notes the same kind of crash occurs also in Quake (an OpenGL app like FurMark): Enemy Territory Quake Wars may crash when launched in High Performance mode, but this crash is not fixed…
Catalyst 12.3 Desktop Downloads:
Catalyst 12.3 is an OpenGL 4.2 (exact version: 4.2.11566) driver and exposes 236 OpenGL extensions. The complete list of the OpenGL extensions for a Radeon HD 7770 is available HERE.