GeeXLab 0.3.3 Released, Atomic Counters Support added (OpenGL 4.2)
- 1 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Overview
- 2 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Download
- 3 – What is GeeXLab?
- 4 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Changelog
1 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Release Highlights
A new update of GeeXLab is available. This is certainly the last release of 2011. The main new feature of GeeXLab 0.3.3 is the suppport of OpenGL 4.2 atomic counters. I’m writing a short article and demo about this topic, it should be online shortly.
2 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Download
You can download GeeXLab here:
The code samples pack is available HERE.
Shader library is available HERE.
All GeeXLab news including tutorials and demos: GeeXLab News.
For Twitter addicts, you can follow GeeXLab tweets here: @GeeXLab.
3 – What is GeeXLab?
GeeXLab is a tool (we can call it a demotool) for quick coding and prototyping of real time 3D scenes. GeeXLab can be seen as a real time 3D scene browser (like Firefox for html scripts). You code your 3D scene in one or several source code files, you load the main scene file in GeeXLab and GeeXLab displays the scene. That’s all. GeeXLab language uses a simple mixture of XML, Lua and/or Python and GLSL. All rendering is done with the OpenGL API. And thanks to the live coding feature, GeeXLab allows to tweak the scene in an interactive manner. For an overview of GeeXLab, just read this article.
Live coding in GeeXLab
4 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Changelog
- New: added AtomicCounterSetBufferId(), AtomicCounterActivateBuffer() and AtomicCounterDeactivateBuffer() to HYP_Object lib (Python and Lua).
- New: added AtomicCounter_CreateBuffer(), AtomicCounter_KillBuffer(), AtomicCounter_Activate(), AtomicCounter_Deactivate() and AtomicCounter_SetValue()
to HYP_Renderer lib (Python and Lua).
- New: added orbit_mode_min_magnitude attribute in camera node (xml) and SetOrbitMinMagnitude() to HYP_Camera lib (Python and Lua).
- Change: improved the startup options dialog box (PRO version).
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]