AMD Catalyst 11.10 WHQL Released
Few hours and this Catalyst would have been labelled 11.11. Anyway Catalyst 11.10 are there with the WHQL certification. Bad news for OpenGL developers: AMD has somewhat forgotten the OpenGL 4.2 support whereas previous Cat 11.10 previews are available with GL 4.2 like this one.
Catalyst 11.10 Desktop Downloads:
Catalyst 11.9 Mobility Downloads:
New features of Catalyst 11.10 WHQL include:
- AMD Eyefinity enhancements
Enables support for Eyefinity 5×1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations Maximum supported resolution has been increased to 16000 x 16000 pixels on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series. (limited to DX11 applications only) Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
- AMD VECC/CCC enhancements
Improvements have been implemented to better facilitate the enabling and control of the following features within the Vision Engine Control Center / Catalyst Control Center AMD Overdrive for GPUs Information Center (software and hardware)
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.10 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Some OpenGL games like Enemy Territory Quake Wars no longer experiences random corruption.
- Lost Planet 2 no longer experiences random crashes when running the benchmark.
- F1 2010 and Dirt 2 no longer experience random flashing during the game.
- Google Earth no longer displays random corruption when running in OpenGL mode.
- Mafia II no longer experiences a random crash during game loading / game play when Crossfire is enabled.
- Unigine Heaven running in DirectX 11 mode no longer experiences a performance drop when running with Dual Graphics enabled.
- Homefront no longer experiences random game crashes.
- Random flashing is no longer experienced when playing back SD/BD content on a 120Hz monitor.
- An application crash is no longer randomly observed while playing M2V/Mpeg2/Mpeg4 files and toggling the Hardware Acceleration setting.
- Display corruption is no longer experienced on the primary display when running in extended display mode with AERO enabled.