MSI Kombustor 2.2.0 Beta Released with New OpenGL Benchmarks
*** UPDATE ***: new Kombustor v2.2.2 is available HERE.
A new beta version of Kombustor, MSI’s GPU stress test and benchmarking tool for NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards, is available.
You can download the latest beta version of Kombustor 2.2.x here (left-click to grab the file):
You can post your feedbacks or bug reports in the following places: Afterburner forum, Kombustor 2.2.0 thread @ Geeks3D forums, oZone3D.Net GPU tools forum or in the comments section of this article.
Kombustor 2.2.0 comes with bugfixes (including one that, time to time, hung Kombustor at the end of tests, due to a vicious multi-threading bug), some internal changes (like hardware monitoring code in a separate thread) and above all, new 3D tests and benchmarks.
There are three new tests available in the new 3D Tests panel:
- Wavy Plane: it’s an OpenGL 2 test that deform with a wave an ultra dense mesh plane. According to the preset, the mesh plane is made up of 8 million (preset 1080) or 4 million triangles (preset 720). This test should work on any graphics card (look at this score: Wavy Plane, preset:1080, Intel HD 2000 GPU).
- Fractal Flame: this is an OpenGL 3.3 test that render a fractal flame made up of millions of point sprite particles. Depending on the preset, the fractal is made up of 4 million (preset:1080) or 2 million (preset:720) points.
- Tessy Spheres on Plane (v2): this OpenGL 4 test draws three tessellated spheres on a tessellated plane. Depending on the preset, tessellation factors are X16 (preset:1080) or X8 (preset:720). As you see, there is room for higher tessellation factors (for masters of tessellation only…).
All scores and comparative tables are available here: MSI Kombustor Online Scores.
MSI Kombustor 2.2.0 Beta changelog
- New: add new OpenGL 2 benchmark: Wavy Plane.
- New: add new OpenGL 3.3 benchmark: Fractal Flame.
- New: add new OpenGL 4 benchmark: Tessy Spheres on Plane.
- New: add new 3D Tests panel with several new benchmarks.
- Change: added the temperature of the first GPU in the window title bar.
- Change: moved the update of GPU data in a separate thread.
- Bugfix: in score submission when primary renderer in not based on GeForce or Radeon GPUs.
- Bugfix: fixed a nasty deadlock that hung Kombustor sometimes at the end the tests.
- Bugfix: many minor bugs fixed.