Geeks3D Programming Links – August 03, 2011
Here are some links I tweeted or retweeted about coding, programming and other stuff for developers. If you have a link, just send me a tweet @JeGX.
- Spark: a new real time shading language for modern graphics hardware.
- Unlimited detail is a scam? Read more here and here.
- CryENGINE 3 Rendering Techniques slides available (Gamefest 2011).
- A Gentle Introduction to OpenCL.
- OpenGL: billboarding using the Geometry Shader.
- Deferred Shading in Direct3D 10 with ambient occlusion. Visual Studio 2010 files available.
- freetype-gl: OpenGL texture font using vertex buffer and freetype.
- Tips and Tricks for getting started with OpenGL and GLSL 4.0.
- OpenGL Capabilities Tables of all recent Macs on all recent versions of OS X.
- Order-independent transparency is an important and tough problem. Adaptive transparency is a new solution to that tricky problem.
- Making music with mathematics by iq:
- Preparing for Parallel Optimization: an overview of key steps to follow for optimizing your code for multi-core CPUs.
- Lot of information about PowerVR GPUs.
- Inline Assembler for Über Nerds: an introduction to Inline assembler (IA)
- Graphics programming: review of some methods to get well-behaved specular highlights.
- Six common misperceptions about teamwork: read more…
- Game development: FXAA 3.11 released.
- MacOS X 10.7 released with OpenGL 3.2 support.
- Learning a programming language by reading a manual is like learning a language by reading a dictionary. Read more…
- OpenGL: new website for NeHe (details here).
- Code snippet: how to multiply a batch of vec3 by the same 4×4 matrix (C and SSE optimized versions).
- Comic book reader for Linux, MacOSX and Windows with source code in C++: comical.sourceforge.net.
- C++: four useful new features in C++0x.
- C++: the use of constexpr (or generalized constant expressions) for the need of speed.
- Overview of HTML5 audio formats support in modern browsers (WAV, MP3, Ogg and AAC).)
- An OpenGL ES 2.0 tutorial for iPhone: simple texture mapping
- Ray and polygons , depth buffer tricks by iq
- It’s official: developers get better with age. And scarcer too!
- C++ Big Integer Library: with this lib, you can do arithmetic on integers of size limited only by your computer’s memory…
- Debugging C++ with Visual Studio: an interesting post about the use of the Visual Studio debugger.
- A WebGL demo for gardeners: The beanstalk (blog post).
- Low-Poly Modelling tutorial (screencast) for programmers using Blender.
- Call graphs are very useful in understanding how a program works. Here are two ways to generate them: Call graph generation. Another way is to use Doxygen.
- Demoscene, Direct3D 11 real time raytracing in 4k: Traskogen by Loonies:
[ Subscribe to Geeks3D latest news by email ]